Who has a Hitech Filter holder?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone use the Hitech own brand filter holder? I have a 10 stop that leaks light on the Cokin holder - but the Hitech holder is supposed to eliminate it completely.

If anyone has one - does it?

What's the quality like?

Can you use cokin's in there as well?

I've a 100mm Hitech filter holder and Hitech ten stop. I've not used it much but it seemed to stop light leak fine. I've also an 85mm Hitech ten stopper in a cheapo plastic holder and that seemed to work fine too but I've used that even less. If you are near me in London you are welcome to meet and try (East Finchley or Moorgate or somewhere central)

Thanks Ian - had been away for a bit - but ordered one today.. Let's see how it fits when it arrives tomorrow :)

I'd be interested in this as well, i've got the Hitech 85mm 10 stop on a Cokin holder and mine leaks light.

I cut a thin plastic insert that i slot in alongside the filter, against the foam, seems to work so far.

Well it arrived - but not all of it.. I ordered the holder and the adapter ring.. but the adapter ring wasn't in the pack, although it was ticked on the dispatch note.. Have spoken to Crooked imaging today, and they assure me that one will be on the way, although apparently I'd already had the last one..

The filter holder itself actually looks really good...

Once it's all arrived I'm going to have a play - I'm pretty confident there'll be no light leaks on this one due to the way it's made..

Back