Who Is Roberts?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
As I am sure most of you are aware our faithful retainer Roberts has been providing us with malt whisky and precisely ironed copies of the FT for many years, but who here really knows anything about the hardy stalwart. I thought it would be a good idea too pool our knowledge on this, the one day of the year he takes off. I shall start.

Some say that he was originally Fox Talbots butler and confidente but after a disagreement over which was better, Canon or Nikon (obviously Nikon ;)) he left to join our little club.
Some say that excessive inhalation of developing chemicals has left him with no sense of humour or smell, almost the perfect man for a job in here.

So have any of you any tales, rumours or facts to add to this database?

Andy

I had heard he spent a little time supporting and encouraging H.C.B.

It was a difficult relationship apparently. Being forced to continuously ride a bicycle past H.C.B's window was the final straw.

Roberts, understandably, considered it somewhat beneath him and moved on to pastures new.

Was he HowardHughes Butler?

No, Roberts would never lower himself to work for someone who had made his money through industry, only old money is good enough for our man.

I should imagine that although never he married he does have a penchant for the downstairs maid.

Now that's a euphemism if I ever heard one ^^^

I have no idea what a euphemism is but I understand Roberts is very clever.

Now that's lucky....this all seems very much like deja vu al over again.

Of course it is a well known fact that Roberts has one of the finest collections of moustache wax in the western hemisphere and is a World class lepidopterist but what is the man really like?

I should imagine that although never he married he does have a penchant for the downstairs maid.

He used to have a perfectly matched pair of penchants but then he gave the upstairs maid one.

Ooh matron...

Infamy! Infamy!...

I never met Roberts but this thread reminds me of 'Old Scrotum, the wrinkled retainer' (at Rawlinson End, a creation of the late Viv Stanshall).

You've never met Roberts?......:thinking: Who brings you your tiffin?

Roberts usually applies the same care to cleaning lenses as cleaning the shot guns. However, we don't let him clean either in the evenings nowadays, since occasionally a little extra port in the wrong place leads to confusion about where and how to apply the gun oil...

I have just completed a search of the electoral rolls and it appears that Roberts does indeed have a first name. It is Robert and his middle name is Roger.

Judging by my hangover on Saturday he was out with me on Friday providing more Malt than I'd usually consume.

Back