"Who lives in a house like this?"

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

The house is a slug and these little mites live in the breath pore of slugs, I think they feed on the mucus that the slug is coated in. Neat little world isn't it :)
All shots taken with the Panasonic FZ8 and Raynox msn202 (thought I give it an outing as I hadn't used it much lately).

2809345328_5c5affefb6_o.jpg

2809346580_00bc5ffdab_o.jpg

2808497533_f4f4ba4e58_o.jpg

2809345680_82cb80a76f_o.jpg

Amazing and Superb work!

Your focusing is out of this world, Alby (y)

:eek:
That is amazing :clap:

Astonishing Alby, that's just .... just ... amazing. I thought someone was joking the other day talking about you getting internal shots..... :D How on earth did you spot them in the first place ?

Thanks for looking folks ;)
Paul I did use the raynox msn 202 for these.

Fascinating shots. I've got to agree with Janice about your excellent focussing.
Is this Raynox something that is unique to Panasonic, or is it available for other lenses and cameras (please excuse my ignorance).

Incidentally as a gardener, I'm quite pleased to see that slugs have parasites, and I hope they itch.

Thanks for looking and taking time out to comment, it's very much appreciated. ;)
Cedarapple the Raynox lenses come with a clipon adaptor that goes from 52mm-67mm and yes can fit any lens with that filter size although better on longer lenses as you will get vignetting on wider lenses. Do a google for raynox dcr 250.

Cedarapple the Raynox lenses come with a clipon adaptor that goes from 52mm-67mm and yes can fit any lens with that filter size although better on longer lenses as you will get vignetting on wider lenses. Do a google for raynox dcr 250.

alby
was this def the 202? or the 250?
if the msn 202 do you think its worth adding to my armoury? i ordered one ages ago but cancelled it after getting messed about. i have the dcr 105 and 250 and the sigma 105 and tubes. what would you recommend for closer? stacking more tubes and a dcr? or is that too much :D

Phenomenal, revolting, great stuff :)

:agree: Stunning. FZ8, heh! Does this mean, in theory, that I could get similar results from my FZ18?

What else can I say but

WOW or should that be WOW

I, too, am curious. How did you know they were there?

Thanks again folks for all your kind comments. You can see these little chaps running all over slugs if you look closely, but I did read about them quite a while ago. ;)
alby
was this def the 202? or the 250?
if the msn 202 do you think its worth adding to my armoury? i ordered one ages ago but cancelled it after getting messed about. i have the dcr 105 and 250 and the sigma 105 and tubes. what would you recommend for closer? stacking more tubes and a dcr? or is that too much :D
Yes I used the 202 for these apart from the first one which is with the 250. If you want to get closer you need the 202 but be warned it is harder to use than the 250, if you think the 250 dof is thin the 202 is unbelievably thin. I do use mine quite a lot saying that.
:agree: Stunning. FZ8, heh! Does this mean, in theory, that I could get similar results from my FZ18?
No reason why not Russell as long as you have the personal ability the camera is just the mean to record, the user has the control.
Fantastic Alby! You ought to start a tutorial on how you do this stuff!
I've posted up quite a lot on this site about how to take shots and I always leave the exif data attached so anyone can read the settings of my shots. It does just come down to practise really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Just WOW! Disgusting, but wow! They're all stunning, the ones of the mites are just something else though. You're even making tiny slimy things look good, a very rare skill!

Wow, Wow, and Wow again. Absolutely spectacular shots.

That has to be the closest yet Alby !
phenomenal :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks folks ;)
Chris, these were small but not as small as these things: Linky that I shot last year if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pah, beginners luck :D :p

Back