Who Needs The Caribbean When You Live in Scotland - Open to All

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I was inspired by the thread just below, but didn’t want to intrude.

47627817812_07886d13c0_b.jpg

If you want to visit yourself, this is Mellon Udrigle beach, which is south of Ullapool on the west coast of Scotland. It is one of the few east facing beaches on that coast.

If you want to visit yourself, this is Mellon Udrigle beach, which is south of Ullapool on the west coast of Scotland. It is one of the few east facing beaches on that coast.

Call me weird (most folk do...) but I'd rather be there than the Caribbean, although I have to confess to never having been to the Caribbean
Taken from the jetty at Laide, just down from Mellon Udrigle. Every time we go my partner insists we do the walk round the headland from MU and I'm happy to oblige. We went to Laide hoping for a sunset that never happened but instead got this lovely yacht and an otter swimming around the rocks (no photos of the otter). There's no mistaking Beinn Gobhlach, is there?

Laide.jpg

And a little more Caribbean like on the other side of the peninsula at Slaggan. An 8 mile round walk to this one so it's always quiet

Slaggan.jpg

Call me weird (most folk do...) but I'd rather be there than the Caribbean, although I have to confess to never having been to the Caribbean
Taken from the jetty at Laide, just down from Mellon Udrigle. Every time we go my partner insists we do the walk round the headland from MU and I'm happy to oblige. We went to Laide hoping for a sunset that never happened but instead got this lovely yacht and an otter swimming around the rocks (no photos of the otter). There's no mistaking Beinn Gobhlach, is there?

View attachment 406958

And a little more Caribbean like on the other side of the peninsula at Slaggan. An 8 mile round walk to this one so it's always quiet

View attachment 406961
I have also walked down to Slaggan. We had to make a detour on the return, as there was a group of highland cows plus a bull blocking the path. I didn’t fancy threading my way between their horns.

A couple of older images.
I spent two weeks working up near Aberdeen, it rained every day I was was there save, one..

When the sun came out.

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

A couple of older images.
I spent two weeks working up near Aberdeen, it rained every day I was was there save, one..

When the sun came out.

View attachment 406966

View attachment 406967
I have lived not far from Aberdeen for almost 26 years and spent the previous 10 years travelling there for work. We are meant to be the dry side of Scotland, with the west coast getting 3x the rain we do. It can get very wet if the weather system comes from the wrong direction and gets blocked by high pressure over Scandinavia, which has happened for most of October and November this year.

Back