Who sells Nisi filters?

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to invest in ND's and to go for as good as I think I can, so aiming for a small set of Nisi filters, 100mm. I am however struggling to find anyone selling them other than Amazon, and I am trying hard to give business to independent retailers rather than that low-tax behemoth. Can anyone point me to a UK seller or two please?

Phil Norton Photography has been the main UK distributor of NISI filters. I see there is a guy called Mark Andreas Jones who says he is now a distributor too. Both are easily found on Google.

I looked at Phil Norton's site, it wasn't immediately obvious that I could buy using it. I'll look again. Thanks

I looked at Phil Norton's site, it wasn't immediately obvious that I could buy using it. I'll look again. Thanks

Yes it isn't the easiest site. In fact I ended up buying mine considerably cheaper from eBay.

I bought mine from phil norton. Quickly delivered and good comms, so would use him again.

I've decided to invest in ND's and to go for as good as I think I can, so aiming for a small set of Nisi filters, 100mm. I am however struggling to find anyone selling them other than Amazon, and I am trying hard to give business to independent retailers rather than that low-tax behemoth. Can anyone point me to a UK seller or two please?

What filters are you thinking of getting and what filter holder do you use?

At present I have an old Cokin P holder with an adapter for (I think)67mm, plus a couple of ND grads from Cokin P series. I've never actually used them, they were an Xmas pressie from my dear old late mum. They may get used at some point but I want a couple of big stopper type filters, for some particular shots I'm going to attempt. so I thought I'd get glass filters. It was a choice between Lee and Nisi, and I've looked at other topics about filters and decided on Nisi. My only remaining question is whether to buy the 100mm or (as I've now noticed) the 7-14 series for my OM outfit. I'll probably go for the 100mm though, as I can use that on my film cameras too.

I want to get (I think) the V5-Pro kit with the landscape CPL, plus 6 and 10 stoppers and perhaps add to that.

At present I have an old Cokin P holder with an adapter for (I think)67mm, plus a couple of ND grads from Cokin P series. I've never actually used them, they were an Xmas pressie from my dear old late mum. They may get used at some point but I want a couple of big stopper type filters, for some particular shots I'm going to attempt. so I thought I'd get glass filters. It was a choice between Lee and Nisi, and I've looked at other topics about filters and decided on Nisi. My only remaining question is whether to buy the 100mm or (as I've now noticed) the 7-14 series for my OM outfit. I'll probably go for the 100mm though, as I can use that on my film cameras too.

I want to get (I think) the V5-Pro kit with the landscape CPL, plus 6 and 10 stoppers and perhaps add to that.

OK, if you are going to go for Nisi filters good idea to keep with their system like the V5-Pro. I found that the Nisi filters can be a little loose in the Lee holder.

Also FYG the Lee Big stoppers (at least the new pro versions) do not work properly in the Nisi system as the gaskets are too thick.

A downside of the Nisi system when using ND filters such as the big stopper is you can not remove or change it if you have other filters such as grads in front of it due to the shape of the holder, I find it very annoying and the reason I use the Lee holder.
The CPL system is nice on the Nisi but fiddly to insert the CPL if you have only one ring for it (especially in the winter!), so best to get another and keep the CPL in one permanently.

I got mine from Phil too, excellent service. if you're struggling with his site just ring him and he will help you out, I did initially.

Back