Who wants Kodachrome 64?

Name
Ivo Lázaro
Edit My Images
No
First I hope I can ask this here, as I'm not negotiating any prices or something. Just want to know if someone wants some Kodachrome 64 because I found one guy selling more than 150 rolls (50 of them not expired and 100 expired on January 2010). I can make the order and then send it to the people who want some rolls.

He's asking 16£ each + postage (8.5£ till 25 rolls so we can split the postage from the number of interesteds).

Let me know if someone want to use this amazing roll in it last days...

The developing is only possible till 12/2010....

They are non-US rolls, so it means that the price is processing included. You need to mail the films to Lausanne with the included envelopes and they will be sent back to you after processing by Dwayne's in Parsons, Kansas.

Is it process paid @ £16 a roll

Boots in Castleford had 3 rolls in stock last wednesday - If I hadn't already got 2 rolls sat waiting for an opportunity to actually use it, I'd have snapped 'em up :shrug: I doubt I'd get around to using 'em before the processing ran out and I ended up with a couple of Shelf Films :shrug:

I'll buy 3 and try to get at least ONE really good photograph to know I used Kodachrome well hehe.

I'll buy 3 and try to get at least ONE really good photograph to know I used Kodachrome well hehe.

That's pretty much what I bought the couple of rolls I've got in stock for - Just need some weather and a location to do it justice, and I'll be out there :)

I want to use the great combination:

Leica R8 + Kodachrome
Leica CM + Kocachrome
Contax 159MM + Distagon 35/1.4 + Kodachrome

Lol.

At least one good photo from each roll...

I'll be sticking to the EOS-3 - it's the only film camera I've got that I actually trust as far as the metering goes... with 2 rolls, and my keeper rate, it'll probably still be a close run thing :)

Where can you find Kodachrome 64 for 8£?? Didn't understand very well what you wanted to say (sorry my english).

Just noticed you're in Portugal. Boots is a pharmacist in the UK.

I should also point out that you can only get this discount if you buy it in multiples of 3.

That is a very low price... If I buy 3 I'd pay only 24£?

Do you have any link about that?

Is Dwayne's still processing K-64? I thought all processing lines had been shut down now...?

Nope, Dwaynes is the only processor, and they're kicking it in to touch at the end of this year.

I'd buy some from Boots but its a complete guess job who might have some stock, I bought Wakefields last and that was 6 months ago...

That is a very low price... If I buy 3 I'd pay only 24£?

Do you have any link about that?

Unfortunately Boots aren't selling it on-line anymore. I've picked up 3 rolls from a Boots in London to add to my dwindling stock in the fridge, but that was their total stock and weren't expecting any more stock. I'm just waiting for the sun to come out now:D

Nope, Dwaynes is the only processor, and they're kicking it in to touch at the end of this year.

I'd buy some from Boots but its a complete guess job who might have some stock, I bought Wakefields last and that was 6 months ago...

castleford - 3 rolls on the shelf last thursday (y)

ish gods, the places we have to go for a bit of film...:shake:

These I'm going to buy only expire on 11/2010 (that's why they are more expensive).

I shot some Kodachrome 200 when you could still buy it, in 2006 and 2007. By then Dwayne's were doing the processing.

Compared to Kodachrome I took in the 80's and 90's, the slides from Dwayne's were horribly contrasty, with poor shadow detail... It put me right off it.

I got a 5D in 2008 and haven't look back :)

A.

**I got a 5D in 2008 and haven't look back**

If all you digital guys just used a roll of film now and again it was help to prevent the film industry from shrinking......once film is gone it's gone, and it's not something you could say "good riddance" as it's excellent for results and archiving, and so my hobby using film depends/depended on mass joe public who have the purchasing power, but are not willing to put up with a bit of inconvenience (using film).

You'd think ex film shooters would be less arsey about it...:shrug:
After all, Joe pub has no idea what film is about, they've only got a few film nutters to fire some enthusiasm, provoke them in to giving it go.

5D's are absolutely fine if that's the product you want, but unfortunately it doesn't shoot film, an unforgivable oversight and a complete waste of money if you want to put a roll of Velvia through it...

If all you digital guys just used a roll of film now and again it was help to prevent the film industry from shrinking......once film is gone it's gone, and it's not something you could say "good riddance" as it's excellent for results and archiving, and so my hobby using film depends/depended on mass joe public who have the purchasing power, but are not willing to put up with a bit of inconvenience (using film).

I think film will remain a niche product from now on, but there are enough enthusiasts out there to keep it from dying out completely.

..but, the writing was always on the wall as far as Kodachrome was concerned.. the complexity of the processing and minority appeal would have made it uneconomical for Kodak to produce, let alone keeping a lab open to process it.

My point about the 5D was that the colours and overall IQ were so good (in my opinion) that I saw it as a step up from Kodachrome. A shame that Kodachrome is no longer with us, but I'm pleased that digital full-frame tech is now capable of even better quality.

A.

A shame that Kodachrome is no longer with us, but I'm pleased that digital full-frame tech is now capable of even better quality.

Shame on you :shake: You know, deep down, that film is better quality than digital :LOL:

Its ok, its only an opinion, he says so and he's entitled to it..

I'm just fed up of this inventing the wheel, join the 21st century crap, like the year film was invented is somehow......relevant..:shrug:

Its ok, its only an opinion, he says so and he's entitled to it..

I'm just fed up of this inventing the wheel, join the 21st century crap, like the year film was invented is somehow......relevant..:shrug:

It's ok Joxby, It was said with an enormous amount of my own tongue in my own cheek.

I do tend to steer well clear of these debates. Life is too shrt :D

10 rolls of Kodachrome ordered. I have to think well what to shoot then...
:)

indeed..

10 rolls of carefull shooting will take some doing.

It took me from October till now to shot 36 frames, and only 10 are carefully shot, so maybe 2 will be worth a fart..:LOL:

From the 10 rolls, some will go to friends. I wouldn't shoot so many rolls till December...
I like to think well when I'm shooting so I'll take some time to try the best photographs possible with Kodachrome. :)

Here they are :D

kodachrom64.jpg

Lol,

I'll do that when I get one Leica M7 or M6...

But...Thinking well I did that today morning when I got my 2nd Distagon T* 35/1.4 lol

:)

Back