Who, What, Where until 12/12/10

jamesb84

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Well, busy week for me this week:

Wednesday - Nathan Cleverly media work-out in a dingy social club in the Welsh Valleys. Great stuff.

Friday - Swansea v Millwall...must remember to take West Ham air-freshener out of the car before I get there.

Saturday - Exeter Chiefs v Newcastle Falcons in the Amlin Challenge Cup.

Sunday - Newport-Gwent Dragons v Wasps in the Heineken Cup.

Rest of the week is being spent doing all sorts of things for house-husband-ness!

What's everyone else up to then? Busy week for FA Cup, Europa League and Champions League...but will lower-league stuff survive the ongoing weather?

Saturday - Exeter Chiefs v Newcastle Falcons in the Amlin Challenge Cup.

Sunday - Newport-Gwent Dragons v Wasps in the Heineken Cup.

I'll see you at both of those.

May also have a late call up to do Arsenal Champions League on Wednesday and if so I'll be staying at a friends in London and doing the Army Navy game at Twickenham on Thursday too.

Have been asked to cover a very weird one in January.... Lakeside Darts finals! Should be a laugh and something different for the portfolio!

Lots of cup footy for me this week... Lots of time spent at computer processing pics from last week and all the below subject to usual changes and or additions... All below listed are commisioned work accept FC v Brighton done on spec without caring if I sell.. 20 min journey and gonna enjoy the game :)

Wed : FC United v Brighton FA Cup

Thur : Blackburn Rovers v Reading FA Yoof Cup

Sat : Barnet v Accrington league 2

Sun Middleton v Whitby Womens FA Cup

Tues: Gofer for ThebionicDan on a commercial shoot

Wed: Gofer for TheBionicDan on a commercial shoot

Sat: Burnley Vs Leeds United

Sun: Bolton Vs Blackburn Rovers

should be safe from the weather aslong as Phil isn't down for them :LOL:

Last edited:
Tues: Gofer for ThebionicDan on a commercial shoot

Wed: Gofer for TheBionicDan on a commercial shoot

Sat: Burnley Vs Leeds United

Sun: Bolton Vs Blackburn Rovers

should be safe from the weather aslong as Phil isn't down for them :LOL:

You're not in Bristol for that commercial stuff are you?! I hope not anyway...

Nope :) National Football museum at Deepdale

Oh yeah, he mentioned something on Twitter about that...sounds intriguing.

Though why the museum is at Preston's ground I have no idea...they don't really play football do they?!

Oh yeah, he mentioned something on Twitter about that...sounds intriguing.

Though why the museum is at Preston's ground I have no idea...they don't really play football do they?!

Nope, im not sure what they play to be honest :LOL:

Not so sure ill be fit to do anything, had a bad slip on ice at 5.30 this morning, left leg went away from me and my whole rather substantial body weight collapsed down onto my right hip/knee, thought id dislocated my hip as the pain was excruciating, i was the only one at work until 6am so i was left on the floor for 30 minutes until i was found by a driver.

Fortunatly ive just badly twisted and bruised my hip, knee and damaged a muscle, struggling badly at the moment but im a quick healer.

Sorry to hear that Gary, here's to a quick recovery mate.

Well, just had another job added...what is it about ex-West Ham players this season?

Thursday - PR Shoot

Wasn't it Gary that had a 2 x 4 go through his radiator the other week?

If so then you have one more bad thing to come.....

Not so sure ill be fit to do anything, had a bad slip on ice at 5.30 this morning, left leg went away from me and my whole rather substantial body weight collapsed down onto my right hip/knee, thought id dislocated my hip as the pain was excruciating, i was the only one at work until 6am so i was left on the floor for 30 minutes until i was found by a driver.

Fortunatly ive just badly twisted and bruised my hip, knee and damaged a muscle, struggling badly at the moment but im a quick healer.

Ouch mate. I went over badly last Christmas eve loading the car. Hyper-extended my elbow and fractured it. Still hurts a bit now. Get well soon mate, try not to do too much. Ice and snow are a bitch!

Thanks James and Martin, like i said im a quick healer, massive bruise about 1 sq ft in right hip and lump the size of half a football but if the weather picks up there will be no stopping me getting out on Saturday even if it means crutches

From here, hopes that the weather will improve seem quite remote. The forecast says it should start getting warmer on thursday.

Yesterday I abandoned work in the city centre and thought I was lucky to get a bus before 2pm. However, the bus was progressing on the motorway at a few hundred yards every 2 hours and I ended up doing a 4 mile hike in the dark and fog. I got a lift for a mile from a farmer, hanging on to the back of her 4x4 buggy. That was fun...
Another 5 miles today and I'll have reached home!

Anyway, after two weekends when all my events were off due to snow, I'm still optimistic there might be something on.
Saturday - Scottish Rugby League Development Squad event
Sunday - indoor hockey at Stirling, if the motorways are re-opened

How much snow in the Campsies then Dunclom?

Good luck - pop in to The Drukkit Dug for a Whisky on your way home ;)

Please, PLease, PLEase, PLEAse, PLEASe, PLEASE, let the rugby be on at Southend this weekend....missed it so much last week....BLOODY WEATHER!

You're just itching to use the 300s. Have you used it for any sport yet?

Only blackbird fighting. :LOL:

2 blackbirds had a scrap in the back garden.

Happy with it so far?

Er I think so, have only taken shots indoors and of the garden covered in snow, as I have not been able to get out.

But think I am going to love it :love:

Now also got a swimming gala sat and sun night.. or just sun night if barnet game on :)

This is how annoying it is working for local papers.. I am now in the habit of contacting my jobs to check times... Turns out this weekends swimming gala is next weekend... sigh.. am used to being an hr out thats why i check.. but a week out? ...tsk

Last edited:
Burnley Leeds is looking like a sell out.. should eb a massive atmosphere.. certainly a good one for them thats going ..

off to barnet on fans coach to cover v accy for em... oh hum.

Burnley Leeds is looking like a sell out.. should eb a massive atmosphere.. certainly a good one for them thats going ..

off to barnet on fans coach to cover v accy for em... oh hum.

Away allocation is sold out, dunno about home fans though, still should be a cracker.

Body armour and tin hat at the ready

Away allocation is sold out, dunno about home fans though, still should be a cracker.

Body armour and tin hat at the ready

I've got Millwall scum tonight...shall I wear the West Ham hat and scarf guys?! :D

Hopefully nothing of note will happen...not counting on it though. :puke:

I've got Millwall scum tonight...shall I wear the West Ham hat and scarf guys?! :D

Hopefully nothing of note will happen...not counting on it though. :puke:

Yeah and sit by the away fans :D and make sure you take everything out of your peli/thinktank

Nothing for me, was down to do Blyth v Fleetwood in the FA Trophy but that has been scrubbed now and too late to apply for anything else, these things happen.

Huddersfield V Brighton for me on Saturday

had a nice extra job in the week. Man Utd v Valencia at Old Trafford which was immense for me as a united fan. Got some nice shots too but did miss the Utd Goal because of a bloody UEFA sixth/seventh official standing right in the way.

Sunday's Newport Dragons v Wasps Heineken Cup game has now moved from Rodney Parade to Cardiff City Stadium..... nicer place but it'll be practically empty because its a football ground so lots of pictures of horrible blue plastic seats as background.

Meant to be a lot warmer this weekend Martin so should get the go ahead... unfortunately I cant wait till the lighter afternoons again.. unless I can scrape enough for a D3

Back