why do you shoot digital... film is so much better!

One cannot be universally better than the other as they are different but one can be better for one person and the other better for someone else.

True there is no universality but equally it's not binary; digital is for nearly everyone, in nearly all situations, better than film.

True there is no universality but equally it's not binary; digital is for nearly everyone, in nearly all situations, better than film.

Better in what way?

Digital's main advantage is that it is often, although not necessarily, more convenient than film. For this alone, most people will prefer digital.

Convenience, however, has nothing to do with the quality of the photographs each medium produces. In this respect, neither one possesses a clear advantage, although each certainly has its strengths for particular types of photography or for specific people.

First, I don't think your "yes" can be so unequivocal, All I said was "Are there really any film shooters out there who do not have anything to do with digital ?

And I believe that all I did was answer your question.

Steve.

Must be getting fed up watching the X Factor but could we please put this to bed.
It is like arguing that the Titanic is better than an Airbus A380

More like arguing that Audrey Hepburn is better than Katie Price..... no contest really. :)

More like arguing that Audrey Hepburn is better than Katie Price..... no contest really. :)

i suspect katie would be the better date - what with audrey being dead and everything.

so the question now is ,,,,,,,

why would you want to spend the night with a live Katie when a dead Audrey is so much better :D

o_O

how odd

If Audry Hepburn is dead, like...err...film

that must make digital the Kate Price of photography

and if that's true, why does everyone say they'd rather spend the night with a corpse, despite doing the opposite in reality..

I guess when push comes to shove, shallow superficiality...wins...lol

thing is one has the class, the elegance, the build quality and back in the day would have been exactly what you wanted in your hands, but hasn't aged well and now would be nowhere near as useful as it was back in its hey day

while the other has a plasticky superficiality, and lack of character that doesn't make you want to spent lots of time with it, but on the other hand when you do have it in your hands it offers nearly immediate gratification and a result that makes you want to use it again and again,at least until a newer model comes along :naughty:

Back