Why I don't do nature photography lol!

Edit My Images
Yes
A long tailed tit I believe?

DSC_0003.jpg

you'll have to excuse the sucky quality but it's a mahoosive crop from a 90mm macro grab shot whilst I was arsing about in the kitchen!

I'm sticking to sunsets I think in future

Well I dont know what CT would say Spencer ... but its easily on par with my quality shots! :LOL:

Ive just stood for a half hour in freezing fog trying to snap a few birds in the garden .... while staying within earshot of the front door as Im waiting for a delivery... and its not been an easy task!
As you can imagine I have some wonderful shots of nice tiny blurry brown blobs ... they make your shot look superb!

Anyway, Im still jealous ... I havent managed to snap a LTT myself at all, so kudos for that! (y)

I've seen a lot worse
heck, I've taken a lot worse
hang in there - it only gets better!

I wish I could get some pictures like that "not doing" nature :D
I have not seen a LTT in the flesh for many years :(

As said above any shot of a Longtailed tit is a nice shot :)

Good shot. Long tailed tits are pretty flighty. They usually arrive as a mob with other varieties of tit and don't hang around for long...

If only my long range shots to the bird feeders were as good...

i think its a good starter and with the ltt they will have a time that they feed.
i have about 11 fly past my garden and some do stop for a feed so this is when i get a quick shot but you have to be ready . this is normaly mid to late afternoon befor they huddle down to sleep.

keep at it and do show some more.

ps. i had a go at sun set's for a while but could'nt resist going back to the birds.

cheers jason

Please excuse my ignorance but is that bird also called a wagtail?

Not a bad little birdie. I dont get to see many of these. Taking bird shots takes ages to master, so a for a grab shot its not too shabby at all

... I especially like the stained glass bokeh you've acheived :exit:

hey at least it didint fly away which is what usually happens when anything that lives and breatehs sees me coming with my camera............

Didn't happen to me today. I walked down to the side of the river to get a shot past some swans grazing on the grass on the riverbank and one of them took offence. It puffed it's chest out and walked towards me wings outstretched hissing.

If I had been brave I would have looked it in the eye, waved my arms a bit before taking that one in a million shot... That thing about swans breaking human arms is an urban myth, right?

As it was I bricked it and made a rapid retreat. A guy further up the river bank showing his toddler kid the swans (at a safe distance) thought it was hilarious.

Thanks for the comments folks!

They do indeed seem to show up Mob handed with the other local tits. Although we're effectively in Bath we're only about 5 minutes walk form the river and then countryside. So I think I'm gonna have to have a bit of a jig around in the garden and get some proper bird feeding going.

If you hear of someone being murdered in Bath over the next couple of days it's me cos I've cut a lens shape hole in the kitchen blinds ;)

Back