why is this paper so cheap? lol

Edit My Images
No
I think I'd want to know just how old it is. I used to print stuff up for our local Police force on similar paper in the early 80's.

Whether it would be any good now I'll leave to the experts on TP, it's years since I did my own.

Grade 2 only and a very old box pic, so could be 25+ years old.
At that price though good for contact sheets and trying out new techniques. No idea if paper starts to fog if stored for a very long time.

I've had a fair bit of old paper and it's pretty hit and miss... sometimes it's great and sometiems it's not. (not very helpful I know) he calls himself a trusted darkroom seller... ask him if he's tried it and if so can you see some of it?

Well I ordered a pack to try, might have a bash on thursday if it arrives in time.

I'm tempted as well, I might give them a call in the morning first though. I'd probably cut it up into 8x10's though :)

my biggest tray is 10x16 so I'll definitely be chopping the first couple of sheets down, if its good I'll find some bigger trays...

and a shelf for my enlarger, don't think it will go much bigger than that!

I've got 16x20's, I just use them to agitate smaller trays in though usually.

does graded paper mean I don't use the filters I have for multigrade stuff and just hit it with white light from the neg?

not yet, mine arrived this morning, unpacked it and though **** me thats big paper :)

Should hopefully cut a sheet down and try a print tomorrow. going to have to make a shelf for the enlarger :)

You still need to watch how much space there is between the centre on your lens and upright arm LOL It'll just about go on mine :)

Yep, it works, never used Matt paper, trickier to see which side is up under the red light :)

not done enough to see what the quality is really like been too busy but my first sheet developed ok.

Did you do a full sheet or just a partial one? I'm dying to try mine now!!

very partial, I only had 20 mins spare so I chopped a sheet into 1/4, still didn't fit into my small trays so I dev'd without any real agitation and it came out a bit patchy, just tore a section off another bit that would go in and that developed evenly. Didn;t get time to sort out ezposure times though it was all guessed so I can't really give an impression of how good it is.

I'll hopefully have chance tonight to try a sheet, I'd do it today but my darkroom has a couple of little leaks so I only use it in the evening. I just wish I had some negs good enough to blow up that big :)

Well I did have a paly with it this evening, the first thing that sprang to mind was flippin' 'eck, this is massive..... it's really ungainly and as has been said it's quite difficult to tell which side is which, in fact I need to remember to mark the black bag next time I'm up there. It's too big to fit in my guillotine too :( It actually prints ok though, it needed a bit longer on both exposure and development than the normal multigrade I use but the finished result looks quite good.

Back