why, oh why, oh why..........?

Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe you guys can answer me a couple of things......

1) How come my epson printer has just told me it's out of ink when I can blatantly hear ink swilling around when I shake the cartridge? I wouldn't mind but it's the third one to go today and the others all sounded empty!

2) How come when you drop something (like a lens cap) it's always near a river or road or a cliff edge etc. This happened to me last night, put lens cap on, tilt camera, 'plink, plink.........plop' I wouldn't mind, but it only bounced into the river cos it landed on it's spring clips. twice.

I'm off to get a lottery ticket now ;)

No1 Dunno! :thinking:

No2 Murphies Law...my favourite one being 'A Smith and Wesson beats Three Of A Kind' :shrug:

i dropped my lens hood in a blimmin lake

Think yourself lucky, I can recall a few people who have almost lost their cameras:eek: , and even themselves;)

Gandhi said:
1) How come my epson printer has just told me it's out of ink when I can blatantly hear ink swilling around when I shake the cartridge? I wouldn't mind but it's the third one to go today and the others all sounded empty!
There was an investigation into this last year - I think it was Which?. They found that some Epson printers were reporting empty cartridges when they were still as much as 35% full.
2) How come when you drop something (like a lens cap) it's always near a river or road or a cliff edge etc. This happened to me last night, put lens cap on, tilt camera, 'plink, plink.........plop' I wouldn't mind, but it only bounced into the river cos it landed on it's spring clips. twice.
Simple answer - Sod's Law.

Slightly longer answer - people drop stuff all the time. Normally when you drop something, you just pick it up and forget about it. However, if you drop your car keys and they manage to get themselves down a drain, then that's always going to be the one you remember.

Gandhi said:
cos it landed on it's spring clips. twice.

Sorry mate, but that made me :LOL:

1. It's Epson. Google and download the SSC Utility (dependant on whether it's for your printer or not). It lets YOU determine when you've run out of ink, NOT those who stand to make a bit of money by telling you too early ;)

Must admit, it was very amusing at the time. Blasted thing bounced about a foot in the air.

Thanks for the heads up for that utility, will come in handy for the future. Won't let me re-install my 'supposedly' empty carts though alas.

My epson printer ran out yellow ink but still reckoned it had 10% left :cautious:

Matty said:
i dropped my lens hood in a blimmin lake

I dropped my phone in a blimmin lake, inside pocket, lean over edge, plop. Blooming things screen light came on (Murphy’s Law again) so I could see it float down gently into the abyss.

Then the insurance company told me my ‘lost phone’ claim was not valid..

"Why not, it’s lost, so its covered isn't it"
"No sir, it’s not lost, you know where it is"
:bang:
"It’s at the bottom of a bl**dy lake you Muppets"

:LOL:

All due to the same reason my boyfriend drowned the all singing all dancing remote control in a glass of fruit smoothie :crying: We had a Logitech Harmony remote that operated everything, for about all of four weeks :eek: He sat down, put his pint glass of smoothie down, and the remote nose dived straight into it.... we tried our best to resuscitate it, but it died a sticky, lingering death :shake: Now it's back to having all the 5 remotes lined up..grrr

Forbiddenbiker said:
Blooming things screen light came on (Murphy’s Law again) so I could see it float down gently into the abyss.
:LOL: :LOL: :naughty: Sorry mate but that's funny!

KenCo1964 said:
Wished i'd known your number....I'd have rung it.

:LOL: B****rd, ;)

If you had of done, I’d have defiantly dived in and answered automatically with. “Brilliant shot as usual ken", then "sorry, batteries going... laters"

Perhaps, maybe…
Probably not though.

Although it would have likely been a great shot I imagine. ;)

For what it's worth.....When I get my dive gear back from servicing, I'll try to recover your lost gear.....for a service charge ;)

Carl.

hmmmm, Trip to shop to purchase 77mm lens cap Vs 1 hour of a diver trying to find to 77mm lens cap in the washing machine that is pulteney weir @ alot p/h?

Besides, If you'd seen the river, you wouldn't want to go swimming in it. Even in full b/a and a drysuit!

Back