Why would a laptop be doing this ......

Edit My Images
Yes
My mum just rang me to say her laptop is going into sleep mode every time she presses the "s" key, does anyone know why it would be doing this please :help:

Alison :)

some laptops have an "fn" key in the bottom left of the keyboard - it may be stuck down

OR

Possibly it might have a light - like a caps lock key would...

She says the fn button isn't stuck down and now the laptop is going into sleep mode when she presses the caps lock, a, s and d keys, any ideas ?

the other thing to check is what she has the power settings set to?

Right click the background on the desktop> right click > Properties > Power settings.
check that "Sleep mode" is set to do...

She says the fn button isn't stuck down and now the laptop is going into sleep mode when she presses the caps lock, a, s and d keys, any ideas ?

she hasn't spilt things on the keyboard has she or broken it in anyway?

if she presses any other key's does any other "wierd" things happen?
If she holds down fn and presses S - what happen's?

if she presses any other key's does any other "wierd" things happen?
If she holds down fn and presses S - what happen's?

She hasn't said anything else weird has happened, just pressing of these keys puts the laptop into sleep mode, I've tried googling but nothing's coming up :(

same here, google isn't to helpful tonight :(

I know this sounds cliche, but switch the laptop off for a few minutes and the boot it back up and see if this fault clears. (presumming this has ony just occured)

I shall have an ask in work to see if we know why this would happen (I work for an IT service desk but have not come across this issue before with the laptops that are used)

same here, google isn't to helpful tonight :(

I know this sounds cliche, but switch the laptop off for a few minutes and the boot it back up and see if this fault clears. (presumming this has ony just occured)

I shall have an ask in work to see if we know why this would happen (I work for an IT service desk but have not come across this issue before with the laptops that are used)

Ok, I've just got off the phone to my mum and I'm off to bed now but I'll ring her tomorrow and find out if it's still doing it, thanks for all your help so far, really appreciate it

Alison :)

no probs, PM me tomorrow and i'll try and pick it up off my phone :)
g'night

Back