Why would anyone buy a new car.

What is it with this fear of an other person having driven your car, or ridden your bike before you bought it ?

Would you buy a used car of me if I promised to fit it with a brand new seat before you took it away ?

Do you think that everyone else in the country has leprocy, or that somehow the car is infected with something ?

Do all of you who buy new cars also buy new houses because no one has lived in them before ?

of course its not the physical contact of another person touching the machine that is the issue, thats silly.

But your point about a brand new house, thats along the same lines. Its not important to me whether a person has lived in a house before i buy it, but i could understand if someone else preferred a just been built house.

Do you buy brand new clothes? I dare say you do.

Its extremes of the same scale.

A brand new bike is something really special. It has just been built, never used, never rained on, ridden, bumped, thrashed or worn in any way.

Is it that inconceivable that I would pay a little extra for a brand spanking new piece of machinery? Really really?

:shrug:

A brand new bike is something really special. It has just been built, never used, never rained on, ridden, bumped, thrashed or worn in any way.

Is it that inconceivable that I would pay a little extra for a brand spanking new piece of machinery? Really really?

:shrug:

I have to agree there... I've had 2 brand new bikes (GSXR600 & a naked SV650) and my mates & I have a "ritual" when picking them up.....

We all meet at the showroom, lots of photos and then go for a 200 mile or so ride. I don't know why we do it but we do....

I'd like another new bike, but I just find anything to replace my '03 Fireblade. It's blend of performance, comfort and reliability are hard to find......

Steve

I've had three new cars and plenty of second hand ones. Some of the second hand ones were bought more out of necessity than desire, I lost about £10,000 on the three new cars but enjoyed teh experience of owning every single one. I've not had a new car since the last one that I bought in 1998 and sold in 2000. But now I'm in the fortunate position where I can afford a new car again. It's nothing to do with snobbery of owning a brand new car or having had enough of having second hand cars it is about buying the car I want in the colour I want and the spec I want. As I wrote earlier, if I thought I could meet all this criteria as well as not having to wait untold months for such a car to appear, I would probably buy a nearly new car. But the model I require has only just been made available and it is too many ifs and buts for me to wait for such a car to come along.
I'm after a new Mondeo and I've been waiting since I drove one April last year and now the model I want has finally been launched. I just need to settle my mind on a few details such as colour etc. and my order will be made.
I can understand peoples concern about depreciation, but all I can say is if it concerns you don't do it. As written before I intend to keep this car along long time. So no bargain for anyone a year or so down the line. I aim to enjoy the car as much as possible.

My first two cars were brand new! LOVED THE SMELL!!!!!!! and you get exactly what you want, no compromises, third car was a beaten up white mondeo for £800 and I loved it just as much as the others, bargain. then got a 4yr old mini. (would have new if I could:D)

I'm after a new Mondeo and I've been waiting since I drove one April last year and now the model I want has finally been launched. I just need to settle my mind on a few details such as colour etc. and my order will be made.

There isn't a used Mondeo in the country that fits your criteria ?

:thinking:

There isn't a used Mondeo in the country that fits your criteria ?

:thinking:
I doubt there is a used Titanium X Sport TDCi anywhere in the world right now, they've only just started building them.

Ach, Halfords do spray paint m8 :)

Back