Wide Angle Adapter?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Does anybod use a wide angle adapter on a digital zoom?

What do you think of its performance?
How does it fit?

Any advice for my Fuji with a 46mm filter thread?

Does anybod use a wide angle adapter on a digital zoom?

What do you think of its performance?

The optical quality of adapters and converters/extenders is very iffy at best. You will take a severe image quality hit. Also, adding adapters or converters/extenders will cost you at least 1 F-stop. But probably 2 or even more! Finally, adding extra optics increases flare and chromatic abberation (purple fringeing): each extra lens element adds 2 more refracting sides, front and back, to the optical arrangement!
Can you tell I'm not a fan?

How does it fit?

What do you mean? If you get the right size it should fit of course.

Any advice for my Fuji with a 46mm filter thread?

Yes. And that advice is: don't get a wide angle adapter. Or a tele adapter for that matter. It's not worth it. You'll be very disappointed with its results and end up not using it. So better use that money to save up for a dSLR and a proper wide angle lens.

Have fun!

I don't know. I agree to some extent, but I have a wide angle adapter for my Ricoh GX-100 and it's very good. But then it's been designed by Ricoh specifically for use with that camera, and so there's minimal distortion and the image seems to be sharp corner-to-corner.

Cheap eBay ones can be lame though. I had one on my old Fuji S5000, and the image quality was never good. Plus at the widest you had a vignetting effect from the lens barrel.

Back