Wide Angle Filter/Adaptors

Edit My Images
Yes
I already have a Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens but when I go on holiday I barely seem to use it so can't really justify the extra weight I have to lug around. But I still want the option of being able to take a wide angle shot if the opportunity arises.

So, my question is whether there are any half decent wide angle filters/adaptors you can simply clip on the end of say a 77mm or 72mm thread diameter lens?

I know a 10-20 is not that heavy, but planning ahead (with a little one on the way) I will need to carry baby accessories as well so every bit of weight I can save will help! :)

I got one off eBay for £15 odd I think it was. Was a 52mm one though. It does a good enough job for me (A novice with no money to buy a proper wide angle!) I can find a picture if its any use?

I got one off eBay for £15 odd I think it was. Was a 52mm one though. It does a good enough job for me (A novice with no money to buy a proper wide angle!) I can find a picture if its any use?

Yes please, that would be really useful, thanks! (y)

The only one I've used wasn't something I'd recommend. It somehow managed to achieve little in the way of additional angle but did increase distortion, aberration, and softness. I didn't bother using it again after the first few shots.

Need a normal shot to compare against.

Its probably that you've not used the wide angle to get 'weird creative' shots ;)

Take it for a walk where there are big buildings or classic cars or a park/lake.

I find it on the camera when walking around as I want to get the most in the pic. But for portaits I prefer the 28mm or 50mm.

Weather is nice atm worth a try see what you can get. Then you'll know whether to take on your hols.

Thanks for the photo Mardave Mad.

To be honest, it doesn't look very sharp and because of the composition of the shot it's hard to see what the rough equivalent focal length would be if it were wide angle lens.

Did you take this on a tripod or something? I'm thinking that some of the sharpness may have been lost be due to movement during a long exposure?

Might be a bit cheeky, but do you have any day time shots of close up objects/subjects as well?

I dont like them personally.

A friend off another forum asked me to take a picture at 10mm on my Nikon to compare with his filter at 18mm, different interiors but the idea is there:

His:

DSC_0152.jpg

Mine:

DSC_0062.jpg

Thanks for the photo Mardave Mad.

To be honest, it doesn't look very sharp and because of the composition of the shot it's hard to see what the rough equivalent focal length would be if it were wide angle lens.

Did you take this on a tripod or something? I'm thinking that some of the sharpness may have been lost be due to movement during a long exposure?

Might be a bit cheeky, but do you have any day time shots of close up objects/subjects as well?

Wasn't on a tripod no lol Was done by hand! Might have one, but I think Mank's go it sorted for you (y)

Back