Wide angle for indoor use

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 may be your best bet (around £400ish). They also do a 12-24 f/4 which could be ok too (£350ish).

The sigma wouldn't be very good at low light, it's too slow really.

Tokina 11-16 is better than any Nikon equivalent (according to what I have read on every review) and very good value.

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 may be your best bet (around £400ish). They also do a 12-24 f/4 which could be ok too (£350ish).

The sigma wouldn't be very good at low light, it's too slow really.

Anyone remember the old rule regarding speeds that you can hand hold on,the Sigma is an equivalent 16mm so you should be able to hand hold at 15th of a second and with practice 8th of a second
So dont worry about half a stop worry about how the lens looks and feels in your hand.

Having now bought theTokina 12-24 I would highly recommend this lens, I handled and have shot with the Sigma 10-20 and feel in my opinion that the Tokina represents better value for money especially if you can pick one up second hand

Anyone remember the old rule regarding speeds that you can hand hold on,the Sigma is an equivalent 16mm so you should be able to hand hold at 15th of a second and with practice 8th of a second
So dont worry about half a stop worry about how the lens looks and feels in your hand.

That's all very well but if you're taking a picture with movement in (i.e. people/pets etc) then that extra half to 1 stop could make the difference between getting the shot and not (more so with the 11-16 f/2.8).

If on the other hand there is no movement then generally you don't need to worry about the speed, even in low light, as you can use a tripod.

Add to that the fact the Tokina is generally regarded as a better lens (by people who have tried both), and doesn't have QC issues like the Sigma.

Back