Wide Angle Lens Canon

Name
sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a wide angle lens for a canon 7d, wanting this for landscapes and seascapes

Can anyone recommend a wide angle lens for a canon 7d, wanting this for landscapes and seascapes

Do you want a wide-angle (like a 17-55) or an ultra-wide angle like the 10-22. The answer may be determined by the lenses you currently own.

I own the 18-55mm kit lens, i was looking more on the ultra wide angle, just like to know what others are using and there performance with this kind of lens.

(I shoot Nikon) I have the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, its a beautiful lens and when I was looking at buying, I read a comparison review which pitted it against the Nikon, Canon, and the lower priced Sigma and it came up on top.

If the 18-55 is not wide enough the 10-20 should do the job, cracking lens :)

Another vote for the Canon 10-22mm
but I would also recommend the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6

Sigma on budget, Canon for the slightest slightest sharpness and less distortion - go with the Sigma, they go between £200 & £250 ;)

If you can afford it then buy the Canon 10-22. If you can't afford it then beg, borrow or, well maybe not steal, until you can afford it.

If you really can't afford it then get the Sigma 10-20 second-hand for £290. Buying from MPB is quite a good idea as they'll probably have checked the lens for decentering (a problem that affects a small percentage of these lenses whereby it can't focus left and right at the same time).

Last edited:
I've the Sigma 10-20mm and like it, get great results with it - have a look at the flickr account below for some example shots taken with it...

Back