Wide angle lens required

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I'm looking around for a good wide angle lens to fit my Nikon D7100. I'm pretty much sold on the Nikon 12-24mm unless somebody can give alternatives or reasons why or why not. I'm all ears

I use I sigma 10-20 on my D7000. I like it without wasting a lot of time analyzing it and every shot from it.

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8....its what I have and is a fantastically sharp lens at all apertures. I know for landscape 2.8 is not relevant but for indoor shots, churches etc it makes a huge difference. Built like an aircraft carrier too....dropped mine when it was on my old D300....camera smashed but the lens is fine!

Generally though of as the best of its type for DX cameras.
Neil

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm looking around for a good wide angle lens to fit my Nikon D7100. I'm pretty much sold on the Nikon 12-24mm unless somebody can give alternatives or reasons why or why not. I'm all ears
I know nothing of the "others", but the 12-24 is a mighty fine, little lens! (y)
If Nikon had released the D400, I would never have parted from my copy... it's near perfect. Sharp, next to no distortion, a pleasure to operate. You won't regret it!

And not to forget: it has a golden ring!
biggrin3.gif

Btw. there's one in Classified, that looks good. And MPB had a little handful last time I looked!

Happy hunting! :wave:

Tokina 11-16mm here, can also be used as a good 16mm prime should you ever go Full Frame.

Sigma 12-24 if you have any intention of going full frame. If you plan on staying with a crop sensor, their 10-20 is very well regarded. Of course, neither offers the f/2.8 aperture that I believe the Nikkor has.

Back