Wide angle lens????????

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

i am after buying a wide angle lens, i know about the sigma 10-20, tamron 11-18mm and tokina 12-24mm.

can anyone give me feedback on them, how do they control barrek distoration as that is my biggest annoyance.

thanks

Mark

So far, no noticeable barrel distortion for me. You can see a bunch of photos on my flickr.
I have a 10-20 sigma, and I love it to pieces.
If you can afford it, go for the Canon 10-22mm.
Had a go with it at work yesterday. Its spectacular.

I used the sigma 10-20 and its as sharp as a Canon L lens

Ive also heard that the Tokina 12-24 is a good lens but no experience with it although build like a tank

Dave

I unfortunately had one of the not so sharp Sigma 10-20's :crying: Soft down the left side of all shots. Sent it back and now saving for the Canon 10-22

I'm currently considering the same & have heard many good things about the Sigma 10-20.
Unfortunately it does seem to suffer some quality control issues though so if buying make sure it's from a good dealer where exchange is easily done !!

simon

I have the Canon 10-22, and really like it, use it for landscapes, street, and gigs. Think its a touch faster than the Sigma, but only half a stop or something off the top of my head. Never really had any major problems with distortion except occasionally at 10mm. A lot of people on here use the Sigma and get fantastic results from what I've seen. Also have a mate at uni who uses one on his D100 and he's never complained of any softness or distortion.

Back