Wide, low and in your face – spring flowers Killerton

jfb

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted for a while, experimenting with my new G11. A couple of pics from Killerton Gardens, Devon - a wonderful display of snowdrops, crocuses and cyclamen – having fun while I wait for the dragons to emerge!!!
C&Cs welcome….

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

I like image one, I find the crocus bursting out to the right of the main subject a little distracting, but loving the dof.

Thanks for the kind comments, I normally use a 1DIIN plus 180 and a 1.4 converter, so these are really rather different for me. I was trying to exploit the extreme DoF from the sensor, but agree they can be a bit chaotic & busy - but they are great fun. A couple more for you...

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

gorgeous love them, they give me hope to, that spring will
reach us here in essex soon:D

Again, many thanks for all the kind comments... I just hope the recent rain has not bashed them too much; I was looking forward to going back and getting the daffodils in flower amongst them.

#1 is my choice too! I DON'T do flower shots but if I did .... (y)

#1 is my choice too! I DON'T do flower shots but if I did .... (y)

Macro in spring is never easy; it is all about refining technique, trying new kit and options. I am currently exploring a whole host of ideas around using supplementary achromatic lenses on small sensor cameras, to utilise the additional DoF – there are times when you actually can have too much!!! Fully agree that flowers do not really float my boat, but these were really too good to miss. But I can get excited with what’s in them or possibly what is on them…

3564318926_f872e716f1_o.jpg

3491763483_34d008ee43_o.jpg

2696378493_3d2ca500e1_o.jpg

Macro in spring is never easy; it is all about refining technique, trying new kit and options. I am currently exploring a whole host of ideas around using supplementary achromatic lenses on small sensor cameras, to utilise the additional DoF – there are times when you actually can have too much!!! Fully agree that flowers do not really float my boat, but these were really too good to miss. But I can get excited with what’s in them or possibly what is on them…

100% I hear that :clap: Very nice additions to the thread too.

Back