Wifes Wedding Ring pic

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I managed to acquire a 60mm macro lens so thought it was about time to give it some use.
Any Advice welcome - this is my Ist attempt....

DSC_8416_zps470bf2e1.jpg

Shot at F22, 1/125, ISO 100 - 2 lights with softboxes

Last edited:
Nice shot , diamonds and stones are very hard to photography without refection but i guess the focus is essential, Good work from what you have done. I
am trying to do reflective rings shots in weddings, placing it on its side on a reflective surface to get the ring shooting from a ledge while the reflection is blurred under the ring. Lemon juice is good for bringing out the sparkle in a ring my wife always does that

I did put it in the ultrasonic cleaner for a couple of minutes first - its amazing how dirty they get. - i may try the lemon juice - thanks.

Nice. I tried photographing a diamond ring before, it didn't turn out half as good as your shot here.

here's a couple more, both are unaltered.. more due to I'm just not used to doing it.

This one I'm not sure on (but my friend likes it - I only used one light so there is no symmetry
DSC_8402_zps09405fb1.jpg

This one drives me up the wall.. Theres a tiny hair just under the diamond that just wrecks it for me... Other than that I love it...
DSC_8407_zpsbf2c067c.jpg

Im liking these. pretty amazing for a first attempt

Hi pete
Excellent shots sir, I like the design of the ring too
Nice how they fit together

Chris

Back