Wild Sea - ( photo added)

I can still see the change in colours around the rocks. Shame as it's such a stunning image otherwise
Steve, are you talking about the water splashing over the rocks and down the front of them or around the edges of the rocks ??

Steve, are you talking about the water splashing over the rocks and down the front of them or around the edges of the rocks ??

The rocks, the water splashing over the rocks are all a different cast to the rest of the scene.

How exactly did you capture/process this. Is it made up of stacked/laytered images of a different WB or a single exposure?

I know what you mean Steve, the water around the rocks has a warm(slight magenta) tone, while the rest is cold. Possibly needed to correct a colour cast from stacked filters. In Lightroom, I'd place the eye dropper on the white water around the rocks to make that neutral as a starting point and see the effect that has elsewhere

I put a mask around the rocks to keep them as they were so to speak, then cooled the rest of the sea. Hence due to the small size of my screen you can see the overlap of the mask in the first image. I didn't get that quite right. I then dropped the exposure on the sea to bring out a bit of detail in the water.
Processing isn't my strongest point.
Also bare in mind that those rocks are almost jet black in colour and the water flowing over them had a bit of a cast from the rocks.

Last edited:
that last image much cleaner from the first.
with it being a long exposure what you a cleaning up looks to me as the spra/misty around the top of the rock from the waves/waterfall effect

Back