Wildlife in Christchurch

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I popped down to Christchurch last week and was lucky enough to get some nice weather, as the sun was setting I wandered down to the harbour and was rewarded with a nice wildlife procession...

Comments, as always, very welcome

An arty selective b&w swan

IMG_0127_opt2.jpg

The seagulls watching the sun go down

IMG_0135_opt2.jpg

A view out from the harbour

IMG_0154_opt2.jpg

Really a rather nice set, especially the first one.

Andy

All very nice pictures, my only suggestion would be with the first and second (which are my favourites) would be to slightly - if you had the chance to shoot again or re edit - move the framing. On the first one slightly down so the swans head is nearly in the top right corner, and the feet are in. And with the seagulls, move the framing up a little so the heads of the seagulls in the top corner aren't chopped off.

But I love the natural light in these shots. Thats most definitly spot on! (y)

Thanks guys, I agree re the swan, I will pop back some time and get a better composition, the pic is as-is from the camera. There were about a dozen or so swans wandering round so I was spoilt for choice and trying to make sure one didn't sneek up and bite me at the same time!

The original pic of the seagulls is actually taller, but just above where I've cropped it is a rather ugly brown shed that, while DOF'd out to a blur, is still a bit distracting...

I really like the last one, the swan leads onto those buoys and onto the boat nicely.

And being from Christchurch, it's a bit of a classic scene for me! :)

Back