Wildlife locations

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I live in Suffolk and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good locations for foxes, kingfishers and deer.

Thanks

Hi,

Aorry to dig up an old(ish) thread but Lackford Lakes near Bury St. Edmunds is a good place to capture kingfishers (if you're lucky!). There are hides which you can use and the people are very friendly and informative there. They have a facebook page and regularly upload their sightings board.

As for deer, I'd like to know some good locations around Suffolk too!

Rhian

Hi Rhian,

I'll take a look at the lakes, thanks for that. Billingford between Harleston and Diss has a lot of Red deer, a large herd however its just luck if you catch them or not, i have some of the photos on my website. Also minsmere has a lot of deer in their nature reserve. Looking to find some monkjacks if possible

No problem :)

My partner and I went to Rendlesham Forest New Years Day for sunrise and you could hear a lot of deer calling but unfortunately we didn't see any! We've also seen two monkjack deers at Lackford Lake casually strolling around.

I'll check out those locations though, thank you!

I'd say Minsmere, I've seen deer there before and there's suppose to be kingfishers aswell I think.

Back