South-West England Wildlife opportunities in The Lizard Peninsula? - November

Name
Glynn
Edit My Images
No
I'm going to be staying near Mullion for a couple of weeks next month (12-26 November) and will be searching out the local wildlife.

Anyone in that area that would like to meet up, or able to recommend any good sites/hides?

I'll have all my gear with me!

Assume you'll mainly be looking for birds. I'm not very local but nearby, but will unfortunately be away in November - good areas are the stretch of coast between Kynance and Soapy Cove and areas around Lizard Village - Church Cove to the east, Caerthillian to the west and Lloyd's Lane/Housel Bay to the south.

Also, Goonhilly Downs (near the Earth Station) and Croft Pascoe pool and woods. Cadgwith can be good for gulls and divers.

Helston Boating Lake and Loe Pool. Stithians Reservoir between Helston and Falmouth.

Further afield, areas around the Fal Estuary including Devoran Quay, St Clement/Tresillian and Truro harbour/.Boscawen Park. Also, Hayle Estuary and the valleys in West Penwith - Porthgwarra, Nanquidno, Cot and Kenidjack.

Cornwall Birds website will help you keep up with what's about - https://cbwps.org.uk/recent-sightings/

Last edited:
Thanks Phil, much appreciated! - I have contacted 'CBWPS' and will keep an eye out for updates!

I'll be looking for anything that breathes, but probably avoid sea life, as it is normally too far offshore to get decent images....even at 700mm!

Cheers
Glynn

There are a lot of Bluefin Tuna ATM feeding very close inshore at Land's End pretty much under the hotel and breaching frequently. They usually stay until November.

Back