Will my battery charger work in the US?

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I am luck enough to be heading to Northern California next week for a holiday. It suddenly struck me that I should check whether my battery charger would work on the US power supply (obviously with the appropriate plug adapter). I know a lot of chargers these days are auto sensing so that they work on the different voltages (eg, laptops).

Any ideas/experiences?

TIA

Iain

Should do! If you look on the bottom it'll tell you the input voltages it can take :)

I have a Nikon charger and works fine (been many times) just plug into the US adaptor and all is well (y)

was going to ask this myself as I am heading over to california & neveda for my honeymoon in 3 weeks! :)

Absolutely no problem, in fact I'm in Canada just now and what I do is use one of the other leads that came with my kit and plugs in to the charger's 2 pin socket so I don't even need an adaptor, and I swap it round to charge the various bits of kit I bring here.
George

Most chargers these days are based around the switched mode power supply design and as such work from voltages from 100 through to 240 and frequencies of 50hz to 60hz, they'll even work from DC also. Great little pieces of kit really when you think about it. My Nikon charger worked in the US as did my Dell laptop, no worries.
(y)

Back