Will this laptop be ok for Adobe CC (Photoshop & Lightroom)

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just ordered a new laptop as my current i3 just isn't up to scratch for PP.
It's a Lenovo Y50-70 i7 with 16GB RAM. 1TB Hard Drive and an 8GB SSHD

It arrives on Wednesday so am hoping it will perform reasnably well - what do people think (please no comments about Mac's or overly expensive systems - my budget was £1,000 so thisa seemed a good choice at £919)

Any tips on how to set it up?

I have the i7 version with the 2gb graphics card not sshd! It copes well with my limited knowledge of editing! All I suggest is just remove all unwanted "apps" installed if not needed

I should be ok then, this one has 4gb dedicated graphics card, I will remove all the 'bloatware' and un required apps - I am an IT Administrator in my day job so kinda know what I'm doing lol. Here are the full specs:

• Windows 8.1
  • Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ processor
  • 16Gb RAM
  • Hybrid 1Tb 5400rpm SSHD (8Gb) hard drive
  • JBL speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio V2
  • 15.6 inch FHD (1920x1080) display
  • Ext DVDRW
  • Nvidia GTX-860M 4Gb Dedicated Graphics
  • Ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, HDMI-out
  • 4-in-1 (SD / MMC / SDXC / SDHC) card reader
  • 720p webcam
  • Battery life up to 5 hours
  • Lenovo Y50-70 laptop

Last edited:
I have just ordered a new laptop as my current i3 just isn't up to scratch for PP.
It's a Lenovo Y50-70 i7 with 16GB RAM. 1TB Hard Drive and an 8GB SSHD

It arrives on Wednesday so am hoping it will perform reasnably well - what do people think (please no comments about Mac's or overly expensive systems - my budget was £1,000 so thisa seemed a good choice at £919)

Any tips on how to set it up?

It will be fine.

People should only worry about newer software on older computers, not worry about older/current software on new computers.

If you're worried, just close any other software when you want to use the Adobe software, so that the other software are not hogging the memory or processor power.

Asking 'Is that laptop okay with Adobe CC?' is a bit like asking 'Is that Nikon F4 okay with a 35mm roll of film?' Your new laptop should be fine with current software, unlike game consoles, where you find to your horror that the Xbox One console is not fine for the Xbox 360 game, most new computers works fine with current software, but remember it is a case of check if new software will work with older machines.

Enjoy your new laptop.

It's a better spec than mine and mine copes without a hiccup :)

It should be ok, although that HDD will be the bottleneck and slow it all down. Personally I would rip that out and replace with a full SSD.

Back