Will This Work?

Edit My Images
No
I own a Nikon D40X, and I had a question before buying some new kit for it.

I know the AF will only work if the motor is built into the lens, as there is no body AF function, so any Sigma lenses (apart from the new specially designed friendly one) won't auto focus properly.

I was wondering though, if I was to use manual focus (which i always do anyway) would I be able to operate the camera in shutter priority/aperture priority, and will it work fine, or are there problems with this as well?

Id be interested in buying the following lenses:

Sigma 50-500mm
Sigma 10-20mm

Would there be any problem with these, or any other sigma lenses in the fully auto mode or AP/SP modes if manual focus was used.

Sorry if this is a daft question, or has been asked before, I had a little look, and I want to be certain before buying £££s of kit!

Thanks
Alex

the 10-20 should be ok as its designated HSM [hypersonic motor] so has the AF motor built in....unless I have been totally misinformed :thinking:

Ah thanks for your reply - your probably right. I didn't want to look into them too much, and get too excited before I know they are compatible with my camera.

My worry is not AF/MF, but more, would it work in fully auto mode (excluding AF) and also work in SP/AP?

Thanks again for your reply, and in advance for any help people may be able to give me :)

Back