Willy Wagtail

Edit My Images
No
Quite on the Estuary this morning but I did manage a few snaps of this bird on the Quay side.
7D + 300/2.8 + 2x tc. Thanks for looking

wag1.jpg

This would almost work in monochrome. Lovely shot of a scruffy looking urchin.

Willy is looking a tad dishevelled :)

Nicely taken Roy, I usually get them around here, but I've been missing them this season.

Glad I could help.
Next time I may use another local name for these e.g. 'Dishwashers' that should really get you going Chris ;). Or how about 'Hornywink' for a peewit or Green plover (or as you probably prefer Lapwing) I suspect that would really wind you up :D

BTW I knew what your reply would be before you even thought about it yourself (y)

Last edited:
As always a great capture of a Motacilla alba. I too like to give birds their "proper" names;) I have then here all year round, they seem to have bred well this year.

Last edited:
Regardless of what we call the scruffy muffin,I like this pic.

How come you manage to get these gloriously bland backgrounds to make him pop Birds are always surrounded by all sorts when I see them...:(
(y) Sheer bloody genius when it comes to bird shots is our Roy. IMHO:clap::clap::clap:

Regardless of what we call the scruffy muffin,I like this pic.

How come you manage to get these gloriously bland backgrounds to make him pop Birds are always surrounded by all sorts when I see them...:(

Thanks for commenting Tina. This particular shot was looking out to the Estuary on a bland day but I do get more than my fair share of shots with over busy backgrounds I can assure you. Mind you I do sometimes run a very heavy noise reduction on just the BG which helps at times.

Back