Wimpole Hall

Edit My Images
Yes
we went to see Alan Titchmarsh but I got a bonus...James Martin!

Phwoarrrr that man can dance and cook!

_DSC1279small.jpg

You obviously never watched Ready Steady Cook when Fern presented it (when it used to be good!)

Good Heavens I was standing next to you when you were taking piccies of Tichers & Hall - I was admiring your D200 :eek: and thought you looked familiar but did'nt like to say anything - I was there taking mainly pictures of the TV crew - my daughter is the Editor of the series "The Great British Village Show" which goes out next Spring. I was also on your left shoulder when you asked Mr T to say a few words into your mobile phone for reasons best known to you!!

I think I also have a pic of you too taken wiv me D70/80-200 cos I suspected you might be the "Great Marianne" so I snapped you, I would love to share them with you and the rest of the forum but don't know how- can you help?:bonk: :help:

Well I never! Marianne was telling me about a chap admiring our D200! I think I saw you a couple of times.... ;)

The great "Chuckles" was there too you know! She'll have to 'vet' the shots first.... I've learnt to my peril!

Blimey! the dynamic duo in my midst - all that photographic knowledge in one place!!

Blimey! the dynamic duo in my midst - all that photographic knowledge in one place!!

Should have had one of these - then all would have been revealed ;)
Link

Nice shots there Marianne - recognize Titchmarsh, wouldnt have a clue about the others TBH, although great candids - whoever they may be (y)

Good Heavens I was standing next to you when you were taking piccies of Tichers & Hall - I was admiring your D200 :eek: and thought you looked familiar but did'nt like to say anything - I was there taking mainly pictures of the TV crew - my daughter is the Editor of the series "The Great British Village Show" which goes out next Spring. I was also on your left shoulder when you asked Mr T to say a few words into your mobile phone for reasons best known to you!!

I think I also have a pic of you too taken wiv me D70/80-200 cos I suspected you might be the "Great Marianne" so I snapped you, I would love to share them with you and the rest of the forum but don't know how- can you help?:bonk: :help:

I vaguely remember hearing a voice saying 'I'm jealous, she's got a D200'...... :LOL: made me feel good that did, so glad it was my turn with it! :naughty:
I got some shots of the crew too if you're interested? Imight post them later...

I'll not tell you how to post the images on here until I've seen the ones of me...I'm on a diet BTW! :bonk:

Titchmarsh looks like he could use a little more contrast to me. That last one is exceptional!

I kept thinking that too Robert, I've reuploaded him...ooher misses....you might need to refresh your page to see the changes :)

I was also on your left shoulder when you asked Mr T to say a few words into your mobile phone for reasons best known to you!!

Well, put it this way.... Every time she receives a text message I have to endure, in broad Yorkshire-ese, "Plants to plant"! ;)

There is another little story that goes along with this but I'll let someone else explain...... :LOL:

By the way..... the piece of history under discussion....

alan_t_1.jpg

aww....well, my little girl Maisie, a few year's ago overheard me talking to my Mum about how lovely Alan Titchmarsh was, and she said in a broad Yorkshire accent 'is that the man that says plants to plant?' So I just asked him if he's say those words into my phone which I had set to record...he's a lovely happy good natured man from all accounts, not dissimilar to my Barry except Alan has a hairy chest :naughty:

I now have a new message tone :LOL:

Well, put it this way.... Every time she receives a text message I have to endure, in broad Yorkshire-ese, "Plants to plant"! ;)

There is another little story that goes along with this but I'll let someone else explain...... :LOL:

Slightly better than a mate of mine's though, who's ring-tone is a doctor's waiting-room-type-voice saying 'Will the man with the ten inch d*ck please answer the phone?'...

Nice pics, Marianne. Glad you got to meet Mr T too!

Thanks for the explanation! I captured the event too but cos of my lack of experience the D70 locked on to something in the background so it was a bit of a B***s up that one. But i've still got a good shot of "M" looking for her next victim, so hand over the D200 or the Forum gets it!!:LOL:

Quick question - were Alan Titchmarsh and James Martin giving a talk or something? They both have lapel microphones on...

they were filming for a new show, 'The Great British Village Show' they gave lots of interviews to winners of the biggest marrow etc....should be a good programme :LOL: I will enjoy it though, it sounds like a lovely gently viewer to me!

This is a lovely thread. The photos are fantastic, Marianne. (James Martin.....phwoaaaar!! :D )

Plenty of Characters at Wimpole Hall this weekend..... but who was this lady?...........

this_lady_1.jpg

Yep, I got it wrong too :eek:

this_lady_2.jpg

'spect I'll get into trouble........ :help:

ROFL - think you need to correct the extension to .jpg from .jgp though;)

Cheers, found it..... tryping errok! :LOL:

There was a photographer on 'Britains Next Top Model' last night called James Martin - something you want to share with us? :thinking: :)

Wasn't me.
I think i'll have this put on my gravestone though:

'Here lies James Martin (not any of the famous ones).'

last famous person at Wimpole....Angelica Bell from CBBC :)[/QUOTE]

New_GBVillageShow149.jpg
[/IMG]

No where near as good as yours Marianne but this is my first attempt to upload a pic (you don't respond to blackmail then!). My original pics look a lot better than this - I reduced image size to 800 pixels in Nikon Browser and the image size was just over 160kb but when I upload to TP gallery it has reduced to 56kb :shrug: :help: What am I doing wrong

If its over 160k the galleries own compression kicks in and reduces without mercyif I recall correctly. Much better if you can reduce it just below that yourself.

Here some more info

Thanks for that Warspite I'll try that next attempt - and thanks for the link

NP :)

Nice pic BTW (y)

Thanks for the compliment Warspite (y) I'll try and post some more when I've cracked the code

hi Geoff...this is lovely, I ;ve got some really good ones of her pulling the most funny faces!
Looking forward to seeing more...

Thanks for the compliment M - I will try and post more soon.

Back