Win 10 Creators Update merry-go-round! RESOLVED

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
So the new Creators Update is available for Win 10 users.
Keep getting advised to 'restart, set time or snooze' ... have over 4/5 days gone through the process and watched it to its updating count down. "15%, 30% 50%" etc then restart, only to receive a flag telling me it couldn't install and to click the message for more information.
I click the message and all it gives me is a list of successful previous updates!
Never had any other Win 10 update problems like this.
Anyone else had and resolved this issue ... various unresolved complaints on the Internet?

I have had similar issues as yourself........................ :mad: as I had previously either hit the snooze option or changed the time when I wanted to start the update process; all to no avail.

I am not sure if this was the answer, but on Sunday night at 11:26pm it offered to start the update in the next hour, I made 'no changes to the offered time' and this time the update was installed successfully. My wife's computer had been left on whilst she was away from home a few days and that too has been updated successfully with no intervention to timings etc.

I have had similar issues as yourself........................ :mad: as I had previously either hit the snooze option or changed the time when I wanted to start the update process; all to no avail.

I am not sure if this was the answer, but on Sunday night at 11:26pm it offered to start the update in the next hour, I made 'no changes to the offered time' and this time the update was installed successfully. My wife's computer had been left on whilst she was away from home a few days and that too has been updated successfully with no intervention to timings etc.

Thanks, maybe it's just a case of "patience is a virtue" then :D

That has been my experience of most Windows updates on the rare occasions that the updates fail........................... :)

I did updates on 2 HP laptops along with a 3rd on an Asus. All using the Windows 10 Upgrader . Bit slow at times but it did work. Lucky to have the files of Windows Live Photo Gallery for my pictures. Along with Windows 10 PHOTOS as well as Picasa... Still have an HP laptop from windows 7 upwards which still need OS putting on.... Soon.. Not bad ffor my 70th year in December.....

Just did it again and it reported that a new update had been successfully installed ... not showing on the list of Update History! :thinking:

Now just got the Restart, Set Restart Time, Snooze alert again! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

No Win Creators update yet offered on mine......but I did have some failed installs of MS Office 2007 last week. Not too sure why as other Office updates installed AOK as part of that Tuesday update.

I had to download the Windows 10 upgrade assistant in order to get this to work. Once I'd done that and run it, the update installed successfully.

Will the Win10 Creators update be "pushed" or optional???

And can someone summarise just what "it" is and or supposed to do for the everyday user???

FWIW I run W10 Pro 64bit.

Edit - I found an MS blog amongst others and can see nothing about creators update that is of any obvious 'value' to me and the way I use my PC! Or am I missing something???

Last edited:

UPDATE: Microsoft no longer provides direct access to Windows 10 ISO images from the Microsoft Techbench website for computers running Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. You can still download the ISO image from computers running earlier versions of Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Vista or alternative operating systems such as Linux or macOS.

Having read the article 'How to download Microsoft WIn10 ISO files' I am none the wiser as to whether this is something that can be accomplished or not ... Technical Level is shown as "Basic" but understanding the article looks to be Advanced!

I had to download the Windows 10 upgrade assistant in order to get this to work. Once I'd done that and run it, the update installed successfully.

After continual 'restart:fail, restart:fail, restart:fail' ad-nauseam I downloaded the Upgrade Assistant and that did the job. (y)

@gramps Excellent result. Just a shame we have to resort to such methods in order to achieve it :(

Just had this "update" install itself
Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214)

I am still none the wiser as to the relationship of Privacy Settings (it appears that you can 'turn all to off' but default is on?) and Windows 10 Creator update version 1703. Just what is about Creator version update that needs or requires Privacy Settings update and as needed configuration???

As in all things Windows update in W10 updates will happen so once rolled out we will all get "it" eventually ~ as mentioned previously I am on W10 Pro. I must check SWMBO laptop as that W10 Home I wonder if Creator update has already been installed???

Edit

I found this MS page
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-1703

With this one linked from it
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d-or-deprecated-in-windows-10-creators-update

Various other linked pages

But I would welcome any insights as the what & why....................and what benefits the user(s) will see in daily usage???

Last edited:
Back