Win10 update from v1903 to v1909?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I had this pop up in my auto update and for now have postponed it.

Reading about it, this update it seems has been in hiding within v1903 and it was described as 'updating to it' is like turning the lights on!

So, have you been updated and have you noticed anything of note by way of Pro's & Con's???

TIA :)

I've updated 60 computers at work and my home PC to 1909 and no issues to report. Most of the upgrades are deployment and management tweaks for system administrator and the usual security updates. No Issues.

Just checked and it seems mine updated last friday, not noticed anything different so far

Reactions: 4wd
Thanks both for the replies and insights :)

All good here. Perhaps a slight increase in boot time but I am still on a steam driven system and have recently changed the coal supplier so this may be the cause! :LOL:

Mine is still at 1903 and states it is fully up-to-date. However, it also indicates that 1909 is available as an optional update. I will wait until forced to update or I am confident there are unlikely to be issues.

Dave

Mine is still at 1903 and states it is fully up-to-date. However, it also indicates that 1909 is available as an optional update. I will wait until forced to update or I am confident there are unlikely to be issues.

Dave
I've now installed 1909 (the ISO download from Microsoft) on 4 computers with no problems.

1909 on my Surface Pro as I write this. No issues for me.

Desktop and Laptop both on 1909 no problems except the usual one!
Most times when windows updates my networking stops working and I have to check and change settings for it to work again.

I've done four or five here without any problems apart from the proliferation of mat-debug-xxxxx.log files in the temp folder.

Installed 1909 on the desktop =flawless
Installed 1909 on the Dell Venue 11 tablet = black screen with mouse pointer

Later took 6 forced reboots for it to kick into life. All good ow though

1903 -> 1909 is a small update (if you had been applying monthly updates it's vanishingly small)

Next big one is 20H1 (MS are not tying themselves down to March, they've learned something about expectation management at least)

Apparently, 20H1 is going to be called 2004 as there's already Server 2003 and MS wants to avoid any possible confusion.

Update

Based on all your insights I clicked "Resume" in Win Updates
All it found was KB4522742 a cumulative update for .NET such are the wonders that MS perform..............................I surmise it will offer me v1909 in due course :LOL:

I have been getting updates as they arise but never saw the v1909 being offered again.

On the "Update History" it still shows the 1903 as being the last installed Feature Update.

However, clicking on the "OS Build Info" on the RHS of the Update History screen I now see that v1909 was installed on 02/07/2019 and that is exact same date that the v1903 Featuer Update was installed.

So not sure what to make of that apparent 'conflict' because as I read it v1909 was part of v1903 but was not available for activation until recently and it was that offered 'update' that I delayed as noted in my OP???

Back