Wind - Weather forecast - Schools in Scotland closing tomorrow.

Our wee bugg, ooops darlings are waay wrapped up like Nanook of the North, just waiting on the phone call to say that they have decided to shut the school after all.

My eldest has headed off to school.

More a case of snorkel and flippers than anything else.

storm force 11 forecast at sea

should make some superb shots when the swell reaches the coastline

We seem to have missed the worst of the rain so far but the wind is gusting to around 60 mph ish already, kids lasted 20 mins at the school, just waiting for them to get back. Not many windows getting cleaned by me today then :shrug:

I'm enjoying my new double glazing.

We've no Gas here so we rely on the electricity for heating and cooking.

The old overhead electricity wires always seem to come down in wind or snow so the fires are lit and the torches are ready.

Last edited:
and the wind doth blow !!...hope my tree's stay up ,and everyone makes it safe home today! !

I lost a couple of trees (now firewood) in the last storms so hoping those that withstood the winds last time will do so again.

Just had our first powercut albeit just a few mins.

chatting to a friend of mine on FB. 80 mph gusts in edinbro today.

We will be lucky if we see about 40mph gust today!
I'm down by Leith Harbour and the trees aint even bending backwards yet.

Just a mild breeze :D

I lost a couple of trees (now firewood) in the last storms so hoping those that withstood the winds last time will do so again.

Just had our first powercut albeit just a few mins.

maybe dig the candles out the now just in case ?
hope the tree's didn't do any damage when they came down !
our electricity is holding out so far but not looking forward to this afternoon

I see it's been named as Hurricane Bawbag LOL

Thats my power just back on from 11 this morning, a couple of trees down, and the bottom of the garden is lost in the Kyles.

I keep loosing mine but only for 5 mins at a time.

A gust of 89mph (143kph) has been recorded in Tiree. The Ski area at Aonach Mor, just outside Fort William in the Highlands has reported a wind gust of 130mph (209kph). The Met Office said winds at Cairngorm Summit had reached up to 165mph (264kph).

165mph - that's just short of the record UK high level wind speed record (also Cairngorm summit) of 173mph

Last edited:
just recovered from a 2-1/2 hour power cut

kitchen is 11deg......:shake:

bloody tropical fish are warmer than me...:D

worked today in Cambuslang...trees down but no real probs

home on the M8 with 40mph limit posted...doing 55/60 ..STILL being overtaken = idiots ...:wacky:

Our power has held up despite a few blips early on. The wife's sister has been without any power since 10:00 this morning and has been told it won't be fixed till tomorrow afternoon.

My greenhouse on the other hand hasn't fared so well.

Is that the wind turbine exploding at Ardrossan ?

I don't even think they were running at the time LOL

Back