Windermere airshow 2007.

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't wait for 2008, I was stood on the Lakeside at Bowness Bay for these, this year I may try getting up a hill and getting a different perspective, wouldn't mind getting the crowd in aswell as it was massive !
Anyway, my shots !
#1 Typhoon
img42562shrunkfq3.jpg

#2 Typhoon again.
img42372gp1.jpg

#3 And again !
img43322shrunksk6.jpg

#4 Red Arrows
img40312lj5.jpg

#5 And Red Arrows again.
img4056shrunkmy3.jpg

I guess it was these that excited me into wanting to go up in the hills big bird hunting, I am yet to be lucky enough to see them close up through the lens again though !

Loving that 1st one, but all are good.
Tiffie is my fave bird at the mo, always great to see other peoples photos.
Dean:)

Good stuff the Typhoon with afterburners and the Reds loop are both great shots.

I hope to be up there myself this year and maybe find a hill looking for a shot of the Reds with the fells behind that would be magic.

Bill

Very nice, my vote goes to #1 and #5.

Steve...

When does the airshow take place? Any particular spots around Windermere you'd recommend?

When does the airshow take place? Any particular spots around Windermere you'd recommend?

I will try to be a bit more thorough for you.........

We are also working towards holding another WINDERMERE AIRSHOW in 2008. At the moment, we are awaiting news from the RAF to tell us what air displays they are able to send to Windermere. We shall not have that information until the end of February but meanwhile we are putting together a programme of really excellent ground attractions for your enjoyment.
We have, however, booked the date for the eighth of our exciting family weekend events and we hope to see you there - sunshine virtually guaranteed!
The date is the weekend of July 26th/27th - make sure it's in your diary early and don't forget to keep an eye on our website
http://www.windermere-rotary.org.uk/

Many photographers try and get up into the surrounding hills on airshow day to try and get above the action, Claiffe Heights area would be ideal for this....
claife-2112504.jpg

Above is a view from there looking back toward The Glebe and Bowness Bay.

I have to point out that The Glebe will be hideously busy on Airshow Day so get there early, I went on the motorbike last year so was OK and shot from one of the piers by the waterside, as I say this year I may head up a hill, which one I have not yet decided but the show is aimed toward the masses on The Glebe so careful consideration should be given to where you plonk yourself.
Hope this helps.

Back