Windmill

Edit My Images
Yes
Im not sure if this is any god or not?
Don't often take pictures of buildings or scenery, i tend to need something to focus on.
I want to give it more of a go and maybe some street photography. Any tips and advice will be appreciated.

Upminster Windmill by ts446, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

If possible to get the angle I think that it would have been better to have a better view of the sails (y) I do quite like the processing but would maybe consider throwing a light vignette into the mix too (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

it is a good subject...but not taken quite favourably
the houses if possible should be eliminated and the overall balance changed to give more black to white effect..ie contrast
it looks sharp enough and vertical
where is it...that is a good help on these type of shots
cheers
geof

Thanks for the input.
Ive adjusted the contrast a little and added a vignette affect.

DSC_5779 by ts446, on Flickr

As for the position there are trees to the front of it so won't be able to get the shot in. Maybe if i use a wider lens but i only had a 50mm with me.
I can't see how i can get rid of the houses in the background, I'm not too advanced with editing.

DSC_5780 by ts446, on Flickr

This is the best i could manage from the front.

DSC_5772 by ts446, on Flickr

Thanks again for the C&C its the only way I'm going to get any better.

aaa by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

well i couldnt be bothered cloning out the houses..so my advice isnt backed up with an edit
the second shot is better with detail..however i did a bit of a crop and added brightness and contrast....nearly lost your sky but got the windmill a bit brighter...hope thats ok
cheers
geof

Back