Windows 10 full version

Name
Pete (really)
Edit My Images
No
Looking for a bit of advice re; Windows 10.

I have just built a unit for my son which meets all the specs for windows 10, as it's a new system there is no OS on it at present.

Is there a way I can download a legit version of Windows 10 from my PC without it checking my system for compatibility?

Each time I try, it checks my system, which I don't want as I'm on "10 pro" and, I'm going to put "10 home" on the new PC.

Any help appreciated.

Assuming you have a legitimate licence key for the target Win 10 Home system, you can use any existing Windows system to download either a bootable USB memory stick or an ISO image to burn onto a DVD.

Go to the link below, the image file should contain both Pro & Home versions and during setup it will install the appropriate version depending upon the licence key you supply

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/sof...s10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True

If you don't have a valid licence key, you can buy one from somewhere like softwaregeeks.co.uk, they will send you a link to download the software from Microsoft too

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Brian,

Is softwaregeeks.co.uk a legitimate place to buy a licence key, the price on there is £19.99 for the pro version.

Seems very cheap compared to other places, particularly the Microsoft site.

Thanks for the link Brian,

Is softwaregeeks.co.uk a legitimate place to buy a licence key, the price on there is £19.99 for the pro version.

Seems very cheap compared to other places, particularly the Microsoft site.

I purchased Windows 7 from them ages ago and had no issues. I'm not sure how they do it so cheap but it seems legit, I've re-installed and activated the key many times, its currently my plex machine.

I have bought several licences from them over the years without issue, like JustJoe I have successfully reinstalled them a few times. They claim to be a legit UK company (wouldn't they anyway?) and say their prices are low because of economies of scale. I was cautious the first time I used them but so far I am a satisfied customer. They get very positive reviews, if you trust review sites …….

Back