windows 8 release preview

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
windows 8 release preview iso images here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso
downloded amd running on spare hard drive big change to other windows as it uses tiles and apps not too sure what i think yet, lightroom 4 works fine and prints look good would like to know is anybody else trying it out and what you think

not too sure what i think yet

Know exactly what you mean. Can't see me ever using the metro side of it on a non-touch device. Really can't believe that it took me a good 10 mins to work out how to shut it down! I managed to break things a bit too easy also. Considering it is practically the finished article that's a bit of a worry :)

Been using all the previews in Virtual machines for a while now, its good fun. Its getting a lot better in every release as well, which is always a good sign. You can disable metro from the command prompt, which i did, and instructions to do so and easy to find on the net. This for me makes it easier to use.

I however still use a Mac and OS X, and if i were to switch it would be to Fedora/Ubuntu Linux. Stability is key, and for me i don't get enough of it in Windows.

Back