Windows Co-pilot?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I wonder if anyone has used Windows Co-pilot, especially where creative content is concerned?

Tia for any insights:)

Yeah, I was involved in a pre release trial and now use it every day.

Wait, which copilot? There are several.... What you up to?

Yeah, I was involved in a pre release trial and now use it every day.

Wait, which copilot? There are several.... What you up to?
I didn't want more MS tentacles (than absolutely necessary) on my PC so decided to try the Android version on my phone. NB I think I read that once activated(?) on your PC you cannot, without recourse to a dive into the Registry, turn it off!

For my initially intended purpose, to craft a biog for for exhibition display, it has provided me with some phrasing that might work :)

However, I thought I would ask it to create an image(logo) for me but its imagery AI requires me to login/create an MS account. I think I have one already but have not logged in for some years......so food for thought as to how I wish to proceed???

So.....there are (at least) 3 different things called CoPilot.....

1. Copilot for Bing (this is increasingly being called Copilot for Windows). I use this for very specific searches. "I study Chinese brush calligraphy and want a brush made without animal products. I'll be in Kyoto soon - where's a good shop to look for one?" Of course I could have constructed a search "vegan calligraphy brush Kyoto" but the natural language does a better job when the search is tricky or has several factors. Think of it as a very clever front end to Bing search. It can do more than that but that's your start. It's also extremely good for error messages etc because you can give it the context and also things like your skill level ("rephrase that like I'm 5"). Also for reasons I needed to write a haiku about being at the seaside recently - Copilot rocks for this.

2. Copilot for Office 365. Just starting to use this but it's immense. I needed to knock up a quick bullet point slide to talk through some concepts in a meeting. I wrote a prompt and Powerpoint made me a 6 slide presentation nicely formatted with graphics. I refined the prompt, asked for a summary slide and corrected one piece of text. Under 10 mins start to finish to create a pretty presentation.

3. Copilot for Github. One of the best things invented int he past 3 years. If you write code, you need this. Other LLMs are available for VSC etc but Copilot for Github works pretty much like magic - whether it's wireframing a programme, setting up a new project, reducing repetitive typing or fixing errors - if you code, try it.

So.....there are (at least) 3 different things called CoPilot.....

1. Copilot for Bing (this is increasingly being called Copilot for Windows). I use this for very specific searches. "I study Chinese brush calligraphy and want a brush made without animal products. I'll be in Kyoto soon - where's a good shop to look for one?" Of course I could have constructed a search "vegan calligraphy brush Kyoto" but the natural language does a better job when the search is tricky or has several factors. Think of it as a very clever front end to Bing search. It can do more than that but that's your start. It's also extremely good for error messages etc because you can give it the context and also things like your skill level ("rephrase that like I'm 5"). Also for reasons I needed to write a haiku about being at the seaside recently - Copilot rocks for this.

2. Copilot for Office 365. Just starting to use this but it's immense. I needed to knock up a quick bullet point slide to talk through some concepts in a meeting. I wrote a prompt and Powerpoint made me a 6 slide presentation nicely formatted with graphics. I refined the prompt, asked for a summary slide and corrected one piece of text. Under 10 mins start to finish to create a pretty presentation.

3. Copilot for Github. One of the best things invented int he past 3 years. If you write code, you need this. Other LLMs are available for VSC etc but Copilot for Github works pretty much like magic - whether it's wireframing a programme, setting up a new project, reducing repetitive typing or fixing errors - if you code, try it.
Thanks for this helpful description. I can imagine if I was still working, it would be of value to me but not for now.

Dave

Back