Windows Duplicate photo file removal tools

Edit My Images
Yes
I have done several attempts at transfering all our photos onto an external hard drive. However the good wife:whistle: was so paranoid about loosing ANY photos that she wouldn't let me delete any files until the transfers were complete. However, as this was a long process I never finished and we now have several copies of the same photos on two hard drives.

Basically we have around 5000 photos, duplicated 3 times makes 20,000 files. I want to review these files and remove all the duplicates. Then I can sort the structure out. The quick way would be to compare file names and bin the duplicates, However I have noticed that we have some files with the same name but are different photos from different cameras.

I have done a Google search for applications/tools to help me with this, but there are so many I don't know which to trust. I haven't found any threads here either....

I was thinking of this:

http://www.bestfreewaredownload.com/screenshot/duplicate-cleaner-freeware-bmuglfsd.html

Any recommendations?

If you have some with the same name that are different photos... you might need something that sorts them by the exif data.

Back