andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Can anyone help?
I would like to somehow have every folder view contents as thumbnails.
Now this is fine when using Windows to view my photo's, and works fine, but it's when a program uses the open or save dialogue box.

For example, when I want to open files in CS3, I go to the open option, then it always defaults back to list view.
Same as when I want to save. I'm constantly clicking the views tab, then thumbnail :bang:

Does this make sense what I'm asking :shrug:

open windows explorer - set the views to thumbnail then go
Tools - Folder options - view - and click apply to all folders.

is this what you meant?

open windows explorer - set the views to thumbnail then go
Tools - Folder options - view - and click apply to all folders.

is this what you meant?

Kind of!
That works well for Windows folders, but not for Windows that open inside of programs, if you know what I mean?

I'm prolly not explaining very well am I :wacky:

i get ya now, so in dialog boxes with file selection you want it to show thumbnails.

Oooh this drives me batty too. I have thumbnail view for folders but when trying to open a file in CS2 it always gives me a list view.. arghhhh!

Mine always opens in thumbnail view in CS3 :shrug: Does the setting not hold if you use the menu change button at the top of the Open dialogue window?

Try.
Control panel > folder options
Click on the view tab and scroll down till you see " remember each folders view setting "
Make sure its checked

How about using bridge instead?
I have bridge open in the back round, when I want to open a file in photoshop press the "Br" button which transfers you straight to bridge, choose your file in bridge double click it which puts it straight back into photoshop.
I know its not quite the solution you're after, but its a reasonable work around.

It would be a registry change but not sure where you would find it in there, have a google and you may strike lucky. ;)

Back