Windows Media Player

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
I just clicked on an update for Windows Media Player, which is what I use (albeit infrequently) to play any music via my pc. Now it has updated from version 9 to version 11 (I think), half of my music collection appears to have vanished from the library I had. Any ideas???

Thankfully, it's all still there in the 'my music' section on my pc, just not in my new (horrible) version of WMP.

I just clicked on an update for Windows Media Player, which is what I use (albeit infrequently) to play any music via my pc. Now it has updated from version 9 to version 11 (I think), half of my music collection appears to have vanished from the library I had. Any ideas???

Thankfully, it's all still there in the 'my music' section on my pc, just not in my new (horrible) version of WMP.

Sorry, Cheryl, never got on with WMP - Paul may be able to help though........

hmmm I actually really like WMP :shrug: at the risk of starting a debate, it wees on ITunes imo

Give it a while to refresh your music library, it takes a while as it scans your whole pc for media. You should find it's all there after a little while. If not you can force it to update but I'd have to remind myself how to make it do it lol

hmmm I actually really like WMP :shrug: at the risk of starting a debate, it wees on ITunes imo

Give it a while to refresh your music library, it takes a while as it scans your whole pc for media. You should find it's all there after a little while. If not you can force it to update but I'd have to remind myself how to make it do it lol

I exhausted my testosterone and soap-box drive earlier in the week mate. Jobbs and Gates debates have never floated my boat :D

wmp 11 is almost as bad as itunes

It has a nasty habit of duplicating my music collection, :(

10 was much much better

I only use media player for watching por......erm.....movies. Use Winamp for all my music.

I use foobar for all my music (free downloadable player, much smaller than winamp :p)

And I use Media Player Classic for all my videos. (MP v6.4 :D)

WMP 11 is pretty slick. Try going to Library, add to library, click on the my folders and all those that i can access, go to advanced options, and add you folder location. Save and search and it should be ok.

WMP 11 is pretty slick. Try going to Library, add to library, click on the my folders and all those that i can access, go to advanced options, and add you folder location. Save and search and it should be ok.

:ty: All my music is now there :D

I always thought iTunes was pretty good and detested winamp and WMP :shrug:

Back