Windows phone 8 vs android.

Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking at either the HTC One S or the Nokia Lumia 920.

I currently have the HTC DESIRE but getting a tad annoyed that after downloading 5 apps and having twitter and Facebook logged in I have no space left for more apps. I've coped for 2 years but now it's time for a new toy!

So anyone had experience with both, and can help me out.

Thanks

Sony_SoFar

I have windows phone 7.8
For me its the best of a bad bunch.

wife has a lumia something or other WP8, I rate it, its smooth, snappy and really nice to use, yes you are lacking in apps compared to droid/iOS but if that isnt important then its worth a look..

Here Drive (new name for Nokia Drive), is easily one of the best phone sat navs IMO, Camera360 is also very nice on the WP8 platform.

If youre an app nut, leave the windows phone, they just don't attract enough developers and their pricing in the UK is ridiculous at times

Wouldn't say I'm an app 'nut' but I like to have 4/5 games, twitter, Facebook and a few impulse of the moment apps too.

They have all that covered. They do have a lot of apps and a lot of free apps too. Just no where near the market share of android and iPhone.

A deal was posted on HUKDs the other day for the 920: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nokia-920-black-locked-orange-t-mobile-ee-for-260-total-1553869

I think Windows Phone 8 has a really nice smooth interface, it's the nicest looking of all OSs IMO. Personally I prefer Android for it's greater functionality and more development but WP is a great choice for those wanting a simpler phone with a really nice smooth UI who don't want a million apps. Camera on the 920 is also excellent.

I'd probably have the 920 over the One S actually, but I'm not particularly a fan of HTCs.

If you go WP8. Hen it has to be Nokia. They have loads of apps just for their phones not available to the likes of me with my hd7.

Another fan of WP here too, just easy to use and does what you want. Also find it works so well with windows pc's, has office built in etc. The Nokia satnav is also excellent considering the price (free).
I currently use a Lumia 710 but looking to upgrade to a 820/920 when I see a good deal

The Lumia 925 is due out in June, so it might be worth hanging on until it's released...maybe get a better deal on the 920

920 is a great phone, best camera around still. Very well build compared to most of the android competition, slick, easy to use, has all the major apps I need. The Nokia maps, music and other apps are top notch.

Until a couple of weeks ago I was sitting with an iphone 4, a Lumia 820 and a Galaxy S2.

The only one I've got rid of at the moment was the 820.

I liked: the interface, the music app, the expandable storage, the sat nav (remarkably good and free), the office functionality, social media integration/set up.

I disliked: the fact that it was difficult to sync two outlook calendars without them duplicating entries :shrug:, the poor implementation of apps, the lack of customisability, email implementation isn't as good as the iphone, battery life was only adequate. The thing that finally swung it was no app for Dropbox.

The W8 phones are just about brilliant, but they're not quite there, for me anyway.

Back