Windows update has killed my camera!

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody else experienced any problems this week with a windows update. Windows did anu update last week and my 5D mkiv stopped connecting via the cable, so I downloaded via wifi. I sat down today to try and resolve this, updated EOS utility, re-installed the drivers for the canon. However this now seems utterly screwed. I at least now have the computer recognising the camera, however the interface is prehistorically slow and it's just taken 2 minutes to download a single image via the cable!!!

Has anyone else had a problem? Everything was working fine until this last week. Any insights or suggestions.

Thanks

Alan

Have you tried other usb cables, the connectors get worn, bent. I always take the card out and use that, and very careful when reinsterting the card.

Have you tried other usb cables, the connectors get worn, bent. I always take the card out and use that, and very careful when reinsterting the card.
SD cards are fine, I always preferably use that one for reading

SD cards are fine, I always preferably use that one for reading
Thanks, I’ve tried an alternative cable, my external backup drive uses the same connector type. I swapped and no joy, also tried using different usb sockets on the pc to no avail.

The pc came with an sd card reader built in which I have never actually used as it was so easy with the cable. However it also seems that the card reader does not work. As I have never used it I don’t know if this is a recent issue or long standing.

Thanks, I’ve tried an alternative cable, my external backup drive uses the same connector type. I swapped and no joy, also tried using different usb sockets on the pc to no avail.

The pc came with an sd card reader built in which I have never actually used as it was so easy with the cable. However it also seems that the card reader does not work. As I have never used it I don’t know if this is a recent issue or long standing.
For what it`s worth. I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beikell-High-speed-Adapter-Supports-MMC-Compatible-Windows/dp/B07L9VT8YY
It`s never let me down yet (2 years plus).
Running Windows 11 with latest update (y)

For what it`s worth. I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beikell-High-speed-Adapter-Supports-MMC-Compatible-Windows/dp/B07L9VT8YY
It`s never let me down yet (2 years plus).
Running Windows 11 with latest update (y)

I have one of those; light, convenient, reliable.

I'll give it a go. I run Windows 10, apparently my PC is missing some piece of hardware to run windows 11, even though it is only a couple of years old and quite a decent spec.

I'll give it a go. I run Windows 10, apparently my PC is missing some piece of hardware to run windows 11, even though it is only a couple of years old and quite a decent spec.

I was using it on Windows10, so shouldn`t be an issue at all. For the price of £6 too ;)

What I think the problem is when windows do an update camera manufactures don't always update their firmware/software for some time afterwards. Same with editing suites that don't update to accept 4K videos but happy to sit back raking in the money

Got one and it works a treat!! Why did I struggle with the cable for so long!!!! A bargain for £6!!!

Nice one, mate (y)

Back