Windoze Vista updates

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone else having problems with the latest updates?

For the last week, theres been some important updates which the first time they installed, my sound driver was disabled and I couldn't open up a web page, despite having an open internet conection and browser. Restoring to a previous point and disabling automatic updates cured the issues, but I just tried again and it had the same effect. Whats going on :thinking:

Windows Vista II £99.99 available soon from a retailer near you, free added bonus, it works.

I had loads of problems with firefox and vista, it kept freezing so I ended up with a mouse and a background but no icons, I gave up and went back to XP pro , works fine now

It was fairly stable after SP1 was released. then these new updates throw a spanner in the works.

I deleted firefox early on as it was unusable. Things may have changed in the last 2 years, it may now work, but I can't be bothered trying.

I've never had any problems with Vista, pre and post SP1, and have been using it for a couple of years now. All my updates are working correctly and updates are checked daily. Again, FF is on auto update, and runs without errors.

I've never had any problems with Vista, pre and post SP1, and have been using it for a couple of years now. All my updates are working correctly and updates are checked daily. Again, FF is on auto update, and runs without errors.

Yep, same here, no problems to report. I find Vista way better than XP, so much less "not responding" crap to deal with!

Yep, same here, no problems to report. I find Vista way better than XP, so much less "not responding" crap to deal with!

I agree with both comments above.

What a lot of people forget though is no matter how much beta testing is carried out you cannot cover every possible option of hardware and/or software combinations and for some people some things just won't work, be it the op sys or other software or hardware.

ive just iinstalled Vista service pack 2 and well .... it BLAZES ..! super fast !

Personally for anything like a service pack I usually wait a while before installing. Typically they seem to fix 20,000 bugs but give you another 10,000 undocumented ones in return.

OK, maybe that's a bit of an exageration... but I'd rather someone else had the problems before me. And I'd never touch a BETA with a bargepole!

I've held back from installing IE8 although it is now officially available via Vista updates, just in case. For those who have installed it, has it gone OK?

I found Vista much better than XP and very reliable.

I installed IE 8 and had no problems with it, finding it much better to use too.

I found Vista much better than XP and very reliable.

I installed IE 8 and had no problems with it, finding it much better to use too.

I installed IE 8 had loads of "Not responding" problems, have reverted back to IE 7, much more stable.

Pete

I've installed IE 8 with no issues. Seems stable enough for me although I only use it occasionally.. Still using Firefox :D

as far as i know vista sp2 full release is still a couple weeks off (no official date mind). the one downloaded above is probably the release candidate (not a beta).

i put IE8 on the gf and her mums laptop over the weekend, seems okay so far..

I've not had any problems with the recent vista updates tbh. Out of interest what AV software are you using, I ask as these seem to cause more problems than anything!

Back