Windy... (self portrait composite)

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Needed to try out a few different photoshop techniques so decided to take a self portrait and make this. Lighting comprises of two Lencarta elitepro600, softbox front right as key, gridded softbox back left as rim. Canon 5DMkIII with 85mm 1.2L. Processed in photoshop and lightroom, with a load of stock images blended for the backdrop.

To give an overview of technique. Self portrait taken tethered to a laptop with camera self timer. Background mid tone grey. Made myself look less ugly and younger in photoshop. Compiled most of backdrop in separate image then dragged me over where I added all the other bits. Random bits hand drawn using brushes including tie. Hair blown by wind hand drawn.

Man in Suit - Windy by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

C&C Welcome

Last edited:
That is some really nice photoshop work and far different to anything else I have seen on here.
Very creative, well done :D

Saw this on flickr, way cool dude! Got a bit of the Tony Stark, Robert Downey Jr thing going on there... :)

That is some really nice photoshop work and far different to anything else I have seen on here.
Very creative, well done :D

Thanks Mr Hashcake.

Saw this on flickr, way cool dude! Got a bit of the Tony Stark, Robert Downey Jr thing going on there... :)

Never even thought about the Stark/Downey Jr reference. Yeah guess it has. Now just to get his fortune and toys!

I like this. I like the lighting as it adds drama.

I think you achieved this ;) my wife just saw this and said "he's a handsome chap ..."

He he thanks. It deffo takes good photoshop skills to get ladies to say that about me.

I like it :) nice one

Thanks Dan!

Thanks Mr Hashcake!

No need to be formal, Hash, Daz or Tw*t will do :D
Lets see some more work like this from you, you certainly have something good going on there.
Obviously I don't just mean more of you being the subject matter :)

Last edited:
Thats pretty awesome!! I want 1 of me done to add onto my driving license photo

Meant to ask earlier, did you use a tablet to draw the hair etc, e.g a Wacom ?

Thats pretty awesome!! I want 1 of me done to add onto my driving license photo

He he funny and thanks for your comment.

I see you are using one of Mr Flibble's amazing self portraits as your profile pic. Some would say that is copyright infringement, like the courts for example.

Meant to ask earlier, did you use a tablet to draw the hair etc, e.g a Wacom ?

Yes Paul. I started out a few years ago with a Wacom Bamboo thing which although quite small was still good and beginning of 2014 treated myself to a medium sized Wacom tablet. Love it to bits and great for digital drawing.

He he funny and thanks for your comment.

I see you are using one of Mr Flibble's amazing self portraits as your profile pic. Some would say that is copyright infringement, like the courts for example.

i found it on google images :D all credit to him ;).........i do love the weird take on the self portraits, might be a long night ahead of youtube videos on how to do it haha

Arghhhhh, Love Marcus a lot.. Like the image, but it reminds of that Magician Geezer.. that keeps asking me to choose a card.

Love the image , nice work.

Ha ha yes, Sylar the Magician who always looks for you at the wedding fairs! Thanks Daryl Geezer, my next image may involve a lighthouse in Croydon, some jaffa cakes and some fairy love whoop de woopy woo!

Quite a surreal image, Marcus. The processing is great.

Thanks Phil.

Back