Wine chiller query?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m in the process of re-furbing our conservatory. For the last four years we have had these two cheap beer fridges in the conservatory without a problem. We switch them off around October time when we close the conservatory down for the winter as there is no heating in there. However, we noticed a couple of weeks ago that the glass door in one of them has shattered, yes, we have had a couple of cold spells this winter but not as bad as previous years, so why it’s shattered is a mystery.

We intend to replace them with a more expensive double wine and beer cooler with dual zone chilling compartments. When searching for a chiller there is usually a warning that the chillers are not to be used in an un-heated outbuilding/garage saying that the contents and appliance could be damaged in low temperatures. Has anyone any knowledge of this? I’m tempted to think that they might be talking about actually running the appliance in an un-heated cold room and not whether they can stand being switched off in there. By the way, the shoes are not in the fridge, it’s a reflection.

Attachments

• untitled-71.jpg
    untitled-71.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 11
Back