Wing Walkers

BOM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

I too was at the Wales National Air Show on Sunday, the Wing Walkers were absolutely superb, an awesome spectacle to watch, I hope I've done them justice.

WingWalkers-2.jpg

WingWalkers-3.jpg

WingWalkers-4.jpg

WingWalkers-1.jpg

Cheers,
BOM.

I really like the framing of the planes in all these photos, but...

[IMO] The photos all seem a bit "soft" - I don't know if this is a lack of sharpening in processing, or a shake in the capture.

Also [and I realise you may be limited by funds here!] I think the wing walkers are a little small and blurry in most pics, although in #2 they stand out through their positions, so the detail is unnecessary.

Sorry if this sounds harsh - that's certainly not the intention - I really like the photos, and am just offering what I hope is constructive criticism :shrug:

Good photos and thanks for sharing (y)

Framing is all in camera, no cropping. Shot with a Canon EOS 20D with a canon 70-300 IS USM lens so the kit is pretty good. There is a little camera shake (Hand held at 300mm on a windy beach) but they look a lot better in their larger format in light room.

Thanks for the comments, not harsh at all, here to learn (y)

EDIT : Sorry, slight crop on No2

Last edited:
Very nice, but have to agree they look a but soft. #2 looks much better than the others in terms of sharpness. I really like #1 for composition, expecially framed in camera, but it looks too soft to my eyes. I wonder if the small crop in 2 has altered the way LR has handled the resize and export enough so that it's sorted out the image, but the others have come out odd. I had that with LR at one stage... It took some playing to get the settings right.

sort of agree with happy snapper steve...just checked your exif,and these are shot at F/16,with all shutter speeds less than the focal length without adding the crop factor,hence why they are a little soft.you could have shot these at you widest aperture with no problems due to the distance between lens and subject,or even upped the ISO to 200/400 to improve your shutter speed.

again,just trying to help mate..(y)

I'll have a play with the LR settings to see what I can do.

Stan - I didnt want to up the shutter speed as I wanted prop blur, in reality I could have upped it a little but it would still have had to be below the focal length. Breaking some rules I know :)

I'll have a play with the LR settings to see what I can do.

Stan - I didnt want to up the shutter speed as I wanted prop blur, in reality I could have upped it a little but it would still have had to be below the focal length. Breaking some rules I know :)

ooops,sorry steve,i forgot about prop blur...which is exactly what i didn't get :bonk:.panning for this type of shot isn't easy is it..perhaps we need more practice to gain experience ;)

I also think I need to get a spyder to sort my screens out, I'm at work now looking on a different monitor and the colours arent as nice :(

Certainly need more practice, this was my very first airshow :)

Back