Winnats Pass Skyfire Dawn, Peak District

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
After a strange saturday where I went up to the Lakes to go on location but didnt get there and had to do another shot at a location I wasnt planning to go to, I took a chance on Sunday morning to go to the Peaks, even though it was forecasted rain, I couldn't believe I witnessed one of the ultimate sunrises of the year for me in the Peaks.

Thanks for looking,

andy

9770128956_dbf49efa2f_c.jpg

Large Version

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/9770128956_44dbb50415_h.jpg

Now that's a sky!

Glorious colours and a nice viewpoint.

Steve, it was looking exactly like that, it was unreal, and thats how the raws came out :) no saturation was added, nor vibrance, I was half tempted to tone it down because it might be considered unreal

Lovely image

Its a very good exposure and a great composition, but I cannot image the sky looking like that yet the land looking so green, not at the same time of day anyway.

The reds in the sky do look OTT to me, almost as if there "clipping".

Image just don't look right at all. It doesn't look very balanced because of the colours. The intensity of the red looks more like a bad cast from a grad filter.

Were you using a Lee grad by any chance? Or even a Hi-Tech?

Hi,
Yes Lee Grads were used, and it could be because I am viewing this using a calibrated monitor, I cross referenced my RAWs and the final picture, and that was kinda how I remember it, like i said, I was half tempted to tone the saturation down because it looked unreal, but thats how it really was

Agree that the image looks too saturated and maybe worth posting a version with the sky desaturated.

Great image though!

Can I ask the location. Do you have a reference?

Cheers

Mark

Image just don't look right at all. It doesn't look very balanced because of the colours. The intensity of the red looks more like a bad cast from a grad filter.

Were you using a Lee grad by any chance? Or even a Hi-Tech?

I would be inclined to agree, and the haloing on the horizon (at least I think it is haloing) is off putting.

Back