Winter in the Peak District

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Winter is over, well almost. We've had some snow flurries yesterday and it looks like it might be set to return over the Easter weekend. However I thought it was time to look back over the season.

2014-2015 was certainly much better than the snowless, drab, wet and miserable winter of 2013-2015. I actually felt a lot more productive this year.

There was plenty of days of snow, frosts and the sun even decided to make an appearance on a few occasions.

So, I thought I'd share with you some of my favourites.

1)Parsons Tor at Lathkill Dale at the start of Winter, the first frost:
parsons.jpg

2)Looking for different perspectives on the popular Mam Tor:
mamtor.jpg

3)Then it was time to go simplistic:
mistytrees.jpg

4)I'm very lucky to have this as a view from my home:
matlock.jpg

5)A perfect sunrise from the flanks of Chrome Hill:
chromesunrise.jpg

6)Surreal scenes in the snow drifts up on Kinder Scout under the moonlight:
moondrift.jpg

7)Perhaps the best light of the season, late winter on Dean Rocks, Saddleworth:
deanrocks.jpg

8)A reshoot of Solomon's Temple, this time I got much better lighting and conditions than before:
solomons.jpg

Thanks for looking,

James

Last edited:
Some great shots there James from a beautiful part of the country. The snow drift is pretty spectacular, almost arctic like :)

Some nice images there and a great view from home.

Really lovely set.
Only issue is the halo along the skyline in number 1 where the midground hillside has been PP'd a tad too far.

Really lovely set.
Only issue is the halo along the skyline in number 1 where the midground hillside has been PP'd a tad too far.

Thank you - Number 1 is an exposure blend. Not usually my forte (though I now use LREnfuse) and I checked with a couple of people who reguarly blend who said they couldn't see it. Maybe you have keener eyes?

Thank you - Number 1 is an exposure blend. Not usually my forte (though I now use LREnfuse) and I checked with a couple of people who reguarly blend who said they couldn't see it. Maybe you have keener eyes?

I can't speak for others, but I certainly see it along the ridge line and around the tree tops.

Great set of images James, I like them very much.(y)

George.

Great shots from a beautiful county James. Can I ask what the tower is in the image with the view from your home?

A cracking set James, some real beauties in there. The foggy trees and the view from your house are exquisite.

Brilliant, we go there most weekends, now i have a decent camera, i am hoping to capture something similar......hoping..lol

Back