Winter, River Don

#4 for me, love the light on the tree to the right of the bridge , lovely set of images . We've just had a dump of snow this morning here in Nairn

Another good set but ... oooo that last one ... lovely, the sun on that distant tree really makes the composition

Lovely set Mike. I love the tones in number 3 but as an image, number 4 takes it.

#4 for me, love the light on the tree to the right of the bridge , lovely set of images . We've just had a dump of snow this morning here in Nairn
Thanks Sean ;)
No snow here at the moment sadly.
My daughter visited on Boxing day and got back to Inverurie just as the snow started but none here in the city.

Incidentally, we quite often take our motorhome to Nairn.
Love it there
When my mates and I first left school and started working, we had our first holiday away together, camping in Nairn.
One of my mates had relatives that lived there , Bob, Linda and Eddie but can't remember their surname.
Needless to say, drink and women featured a lot that week :LOL:
Happy days!!

:agree:

Great set Mike, those last two are the stronger images.
The third one has a bit of mystery about it, it has me wondering, what is through the doorway and what was the machinery for. Then the last one has so much to look at including the moon, bridge, water flow in the bottom right corner. Not forgetting that central pale tree and its little pal on the right. Well done Mike(y)

Great set Mike, those last two are the stronger images.
The third one has a bit of mystery about it, it has me wondering, what is through the doorway and what was the machinery for. Then the last one has so much to look at including the moon, bridge, water flow in the bottom right corner. Not forgetting that central pale tree and its little pal on the right. Well done Mike(y)
Cheers Peter.
The next time it snows, I'll take a shot from the doorway ;)
To the left of the doorway runs a lade.
Once upon a time there were mills further along the river.
These cogs opened and closed a gate to regulate the amount of water that fed the mills

Mike - I stayed in Aberdeen for a long time and regularly walked dogs there, so I may well have met you.

I've a photo of that machinery from the other side. I love some of the grand style of the Victorian machinery, certainly built to last.

Donside 196 by James West, on Flickr

Lovely shots Mike , I especially like numbers 3 & 4 they`ve got Christmas written all over them , if I were to pick a winner it`d be number 4

Coho - Blue

Lovely pictures Mike, the last two in particular. Well seen and taken :D

Mike - I stayed in Aberdeen for a long time and regularly walked dogs there, so I may well have met you.

I've a photo of that machinery from the other side. I love some of the grand style of the Victorian machinery, certainly built to last.

Donside 196 by James West, on Flickr
I just live up from here and spend most of my free time at this stretch of the river walking the dog

Bracken 91 by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

Back